IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Looked at it
Rates they charge are about the same as the "unplanned" minutes charges of the "contract" companies.

I want "pay as you go cellular". Sane per minute rates, no crystal ball required.

That was lovely cheese.

--Wallace, The Wrong Trousers
Expand Edited by tuberculosis Aug. 21, 2007, 06:41:34 AM EDT
New Sprint has something almost like that...
Your bill is in a band that moves up and down every month depending on your usage. Not as cheap as estimating correctly, but not as bad as paying huge overcharges if you mis-estimate.

I don't know how well it works in practice.

But since you don't like Sprint, I guess that's out.

Maybe Virgin or some other relative newcomer has a plan that would fit better?

Until then, you might want to hit *2 (or whatever magic key sequence they have that tells you how many minutes you've used) frequently. :-(

Luck!

Cheers,
Scott.
(A Sprint customer with an ancient 300 minutes/$30 a month plan that he only rarely exceeds.)
New Give a look into these guys
[link|http://www.virginmobileusa.com/|http://www.virginmobileusa.com/]

Buy the phone at Target, Best Buy, etc. Prices start at $59.95. Phone case, earpiece, car power adapter, etc. come separately and can be purchased at the web site or in stores. (Service is by Sprint, so Sprint stores carry some accessories.) The cost for service is: 25 cents/minute for the first 10 minutes every day, then 10 cents/minute thereafter. On days that you don't use it, you pay nothing. No taxes, no service charges, no miscellaneous fees. Just buy a "Power Up" card, or use a major credit card, to recharge your balance when it drops below $5.00

Today through Saturday you can buy a $20 "Power Up" card at Target for $15 + tax.
lincoln
"Windows XP has so many holes in its security that any reasonable user will conclude it was designed by the same German officer who created the prison compound in "Hogan's Heroes." - Andy Ihnatko, Chicago Sun-Times
[link|mailto:bconnors@ev1.net|contact me]
     Damn the Cell Phone Companies - (tuberculosis) - (12)
         Re: Damn the Cell Phone Companies - (deSitter) - (2)
             ICLRPD (new thread) - (inthane-chan)
             ICyaLRPD (new thread) - (Steve Lowe)
         Try prepaid? -NT - (imric) - (3)
             Looked at it - (tuberculosis) - (2)
                 Sprint has something almost like that... - (Another Scott)
                 Give a look into these guys - (lincoln)
         The Sprint plan. - (a6l6e6x)
         Agreed - (gdaustin) - (3)
             Signal strength can be a function of the phone. - (Another Scott)
             Ahem, this is not deliberate action by the cell companies - (boxley) - (1)
                 In this area: you da Boss - (Ashton)

Just having a rest between bars...
134 ms