IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Sounds like they love screwin' with you, too.
You need them. bad. You know it and they know it. Otherwise you'd have to get a JOB !
viewtouch
New It's a pretty friendly environment here...
Supporting around 100 users means you know everybody on a first-name basis, and we each get to know eachother's quirks and behaviors. There are people here I'd never do that with, and the rest are familiar enough with me to know that I'm laughing with them instead of at them.

It's a real job, though. I've spent more time on the phone with Dell these past two weeks than I ever have before while being here. For those considering implementing Dell-rebranded Lexmark printers at their workplace:

Don't.
What will we do when we are Gods?
New Dell's phone support is not good.
The two biggest problems I have is how they don't like deviating from their scripts, and that whatever codec they use on their phone links is compressing too hard.

Wade.

Is it enough to love
Is it enough to breathe
Somebody rip my heart out
And leave me here to bleed

Is it enough to die
Somebody save my life
I'd rather be Anything but Ordinary
Please

-- "Anything but Ordinary" by Avril Lavigne.

New Desktop support, I haven't had problems myself.
They've been very responsive, and I have the part in hand next day on every call I make to them.

I have a sneaking suspicion that on the customer profile, next to the checkboxes for Annoying Whiner and Thinks The CD Tray Is A Cupholder, there's a checkbox that has the caption:

Don't bother with the script for this guy, because not only does he know his shit, but he's forgotten more about fixing computers than your pathetic $6/hour ass will ever learn. If you even think of asking him a troubleshooting step, he's probably already done it and six more on top of that. Just give him what he wants, stand back, and you MIGHT make it out of here with your life.

And on my account, it's checked.

For whatever reason, that checkbox hasn't carried over to the printer department, which doesn't help because Dell's printers so far have shown all the lifespan and functionality of a fruit fly.
Expand Edited by inthane-chan Aug. 31, 2004, 07:53:00 PM EDT
New HP is no better
I've just spent FIVE weeks dealing with their India-based support since the sound went out on my laptop purchased 3/04. Removed and re-installed the integrated sound device numerous times; Removed and re-installed the sound drivers for that device numerous times; finally, wiped the drive and reinstalled the OS. Ran the recovery CDs to reinstall the drivers and applications. All done nearly after every phone call.

Finally, after getting loud with the people, they finally agreed that the unit needs to be sent in TO BE REPAIRED UNDER WARRANTY - Fedex will pick it up tomorrow.

Bad news is that I need the unit to do my VB.Net homework, so the sooner they fix it, the better.
lincoln
"Windows XP has so many holes in its security that any reasonable user will conclude it was designed by the same German officer who created the prison compound in "Hogan's Heroes." - Andy Ihnatko, Chicago Sun-Times
[link|mailto:bconnors@ev1.net|contact me]
New HP Laptop Support In A Nutshell:
HAHAHAHAHAHA WE'VE GOT UR MONEH!

Peter
[link|http://www.debian.org|Shill For Hire]
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
[link|http://guildenstern.dyndns.org|Blog]
New Re: It's a pretty friendly environment here...
Hmm, my experience has been to avoid being friendly with the natives, even if this is your natural demeanor (hard to do).

The first people to get fired are the nice ones.
-drl
I can say on pretty solid evidence that my "good bedside manner" has saved my job on several occasions, and gotten me a few raises.

Well, that, and the fact that we've gone from 40 to 100 employees with no growth in the IT department, and I'm still on top of the service requests.
The problem comes when you let your guard down and end up embroiled in office politics, which, if you're friendly, is more likely to happen, because people will bend your ear with gossip and inuendo. I've sworn off being a person at work.
-drl
New Ah, that explains why it works...
...I show absolutely no interest in office politics. If you want me to get bored and wander off, start talking about it.
     I love screwin' with the users. - (inthane-chan) - (10)
         Sounds like they love screwin' with you, too. - (Reporter) - (9)
             It's a pretty friendly environment here... - (inthane-chan) - (8)
                 Dell's phone support is not good. - (static) - (3)
                     Desktop support, I haven't had problems myself. - (inthane-chan)
                     HP is no better - (lincoln) - (1)
                         HP Laptop Support In A Nutshell: - (pwhysall)
                 Re: It's a pretty friendly environment here... - (deSitter) - (3)
                     Re: It's a pretty friendly environment here... - (inthane-chan) - (2)
                         Re: It's a pretty friendly environment here... - (deSitter) - (1)
                             Ah, that explains why it works... - (inthane-chan)

Prolly need to go back for "reeducation"...
82 ms