Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Good question - none I know of
Maybe just read "UNIX in a Nutshell".
-drl
New Or (perhaps more a propos): "Linux in a Nutshell"
jb4
shrub\ufffdbish (Am., from shrub + rubbish, after the derisive name for America's 43 president; 2003) n. 1. a form of nonsensical political doubletalk wherein the speaker attempts to defend the indefensible by lying, obfuscation, or otherwise misstating the facts; GIBBERISH. 2. any of a collection of utterances from America's putative 43rd president. cf. BULLSHIT

New No, really UNIX
A complete beginner should buy a generic UNIX book and live at the command line for some time.
-drl
New And be consigned/confined to sh?!? EEeeewwwwww!
jb4
shrub\ufffdbish (Am., from shrub + rubbish, after the derisive name for America's 43 president; 2003) n. 1. a form of nonsensical political doubletalk wherein the speaker attempts to defend the indefensible by lying, obfuscation, or otherwise misstating the facts; GIBBERISH. 2. any of a collection of utterances from America's putative 43rd president. cf. BULLSHIT

Linux newbie websites... - (admin) - (7)
         Maybe GrokDoc - (Another Scott)
         Has he looked at the official Debian docs? -NT - (pwhysall)
         Good question - none I know of - (deSitter) - (3)
             Or (perhaps more a propos): "Linux in a Nutshell" -NT - (jb4) - (2)
                 No, really UNIX - (deSitter) - (1)
                     And be consigned/confined to sh?!? EEeeewwwwww! -NT - (jb4)
         Re: Linux newbie websites... - (orion)

If there are really aliens, I would think that L. Ron Hubbard would have to be one of them.
72 ms