IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Hmmm - turns out my DELL Latitude already has

a 20GB hard disk. Some how it escaped me - must have been thinking of the model I had before this one.

I was about to migrate to the 20GB disk I plug in with its USB connector but when I took a closer look at my existing hard disk discovered I had 4 partitions of 3.5, 3, 3, 8

Createing fixed size disks for Linux VPCs chews up the space very quickly !!!!

Cheers

Doug

New Re: One more fantastic feature of VPC - print port dongle

I have some software (Micro Focus Cobol) that only runs when I plug a security key into the printer port. It is legacy stuff but I need it to support a couple of customers.

In the past few months I have found that the last computer I have that runs it is a WinNT system. I keep it just for 2 customers - complete server just to compile MF Cobol programs.

Well today I installed an NT VPC under Win2K & attached the printer port - installed the needed Rainport driver on the NT VPC and hey presto - the dongle works.

Boy am I relieved - now I can copy this VPC to my note book & support Cobol compiles under a VPC. Most impressed with Connectix.

Cheers

Doug

PS PS/2 VPC has been released.
New Neat. Thanks very much for the details.
PS PS/2 VPC has been released.

VPC for the PlayStation 2 has been released? ;-)

I assume you meant to type OS/2.

It's been announced and demoed, e.g. [link|http://www.os2ezine.com/20011016/page_1.html|this] article from OS/2 eZine, but it's not due out until next year.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Re: Nuther great VPC feat - window & full screen toggle

You can for example have your host monitor at say 1024 x 768 and can set the virtual monitor to the same size, but it adds a border with some control info thus you have to scroll left & right for the tiny bit missing - could drive you nuts if it weren't for a great feture that allows you to toggle from this control mode (with the need to scroll) to a full screen mode that removes the extra control border the VPC adds.

What is more intriguing is that if you set your host to say 1024 x 768 & your virtual window to 800 x 600, when you toggle to full screen mode, it goes to 1024 x 768 but the contents are at 800 x 600.

There are times when that is very useful (such as wanting to switch between many windows & not wanting the VPC to always be at full screen).

This is a very well thought out bit of software.

Cheers

Doug

Couldn't resist - this post is from RH7.0 under VPC on Win2K - (dmarker2) - (12)
         I notice the text sort of quivering.. - (Ashton) - (4)
             Re: I notice the text sort of quivering.. - (dmarker2) - (2)
                 This cannot be. - (Ashton) - (1)
                     Re: I hate to give anything to Redmond, but - (dmarker2)
             Re: Pushing boundary: now Win98 + RH7.0 < Win2K VPC - (dmarker2)
         Re: Test shows JRun installs ok on RH7.0 fails on 7.2 - (dmarker2)
         What's your Dell notebook again? - (Another Scott) - (5)
             Re: What's your Dell notebook again? - (dmarker2)
             Re: Hmmm - turns out my DELL Latitude already has - (dmarker2) - (3)
                 Re: One more fantastic feature of VPC - print port dongle - (dmarker2) - (2)
                     Neat. Thanks very much for the details. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                         Re: Nuther great VPC feat - window & full screen toggle - (dmarker2)

I tried it. Little sweet explosions with disgusting texture. It was awful.
144 ms