IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: You hold the trump card now
Lessee:

They wouldn't let you eat pork rinds and gravy with your Ding Dongs, and they didn't spend enough on you.

My guess (if they know your complaint list) is that they are apt to be getting a reverse mortgage ... and will be taking several cruises on the Queen Mary II, in the twilight years.

(Some people don't bother to say, ungrateful wretch in words; just leave it to connect-the-dots. Can't know if subtlety runs in your family.)
New Thank you, Ash
<Long curse-filled post snipped>
--

Buy high, sell sober.
New First off...
A big FUCK YOU for your rather large assumptions. You've got a rather quick trigger finger there me bucko! You erronously think I was (and probably still is) some sort of spoiled brat. That is so very far from the case. I was not a demanding child nor did I feel that they didn't spend enough on me. I was a good quiet kid that 99% of the time did as I was told. You see some kids out now who throw tantrums and whine when they want stuff and don't get it. (I want to smack them sometimes!) I never did that even if I wanted something.

As for complaining about paying for stuff myself, I've observed from my friends and other people I know, who are also middle class families, that they have received help from their parents, whether paying back them back or not, with regards to their education, weddings, cars and homes. I don't think it's unreasonable to have a desire to also have some help with one or some of those to make things a little easier. Reality has dictated otherwise and I'm not bitching, whining and complaining about it. I've done very well for myself and am dealing with the costs myself. Even if monies were offered in the past few years, I don't think I could accept them knowing what state my parents are in financially. I know my mom is proud of what I've accomplished and often runs by me her financial stuff.

I in fact did receive help in paying for my post high school education. It was paid for up front by my mom and I paid her back over a year and a half once I got a job.

For the food, it wasn't that I couldn't eat what I wanted, it was the reverse, I had to eat stuff I didn't want. I'm quite sensitive to bitter foods and certain textures especially when I was a kid. My mom didn't quite grasp that or just didn't believe me. I don't know. But it frequently made for dinnertime to be very uncomfortable.

So fuck you and your preconceived quick draw thinking.

(Subtlety in my family starts and ends with me. The others are about as subtle as an elephant in a china shop.)
lister
New You'd love my mom.
A couple years back, we're all sitting around, some people are drinking margaritas. I'm in my mid-twenties.

Mom: Would you like a margarita?

Me: I'll take a virgin margarita, please.

Mom: Are you sure you don't want one with alcohol?

Me: Yes, I'll just have a virgin margarita.

Mom: It's okay, it's not that much.

Me: Mom, I said I'd like it without any alcohol.

Mom: Okay.

(goes off and makes one in the kitchen, brings it back to me. I take a sip.)

Me: Mom, this has alcohol in it.

Mom: No it doesn't.

Me: Yes it does.

Mom: I didn't put any in there, I swear.

(After some more back 'n forthing)

Mom: Ok, yes there is some in there. I thought you just needed to try it to see how it is.

Me: Mom, I didn't want any alcohol because I choose not to drink, not because I'm afraid of it. Thanks a lot.

She was pissy at me all weekend long because of that incident. :P
Tired of lying in the sunshine staying home to watch the rain.
You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today.
And then one day you find ten years have got behind you.
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun.
New try this one
sitting in a curling rink being introduced to mum's friends. Friend "would you like a beer?" I am about to respond no than...... hysterical interupt HE CANT HE'sOUT ON BAIL! well thanx ma, could let me just say no.
thanx,
bill
Anchorage AK: House for sale 3 bed 1 bath 1440 sq feet huge lot near Cheney Lake 175K FSBO 813.273.3518
I wondered what Darwinian moment had to effect itself before we devolved from children flying paper flags in the sky to half formed creatures thundering in a wall of horns down the road to Roncevaux. James Lee Burke
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New Make a note of that one for the book! :)
Alex

Honor has not to be won; it must only not be lost. -- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860), German philosopher
New Re: First off...
Mine was a minimalist response to your minimalist 'history'.

Reread your post for comprehension; such a phrase as they weren't as responsible with their money as they should have been -- is among those heap-Judgmental phrases, always expecting prescience in others. It is My Opinion in 20/20 hindsight.. regarding everything from, "what money might be for?" and on through what IS 'responsible' behaviour in actual circumstances..[and to Whom?].

Of Course I don't pretend to know "who you are"! - nor did your encapsulation reveal enough - or well enough. I merely offered you a, "what you Sound(ed) like" photograph.

Brevity works, sometimes.

HTH,

Ashton
     Okay, I'm about >-< this far away from murder. - (inthane-chan) - (23)
         How long you been waitin' to say that? -NT - (Silverlock) - (4)
             It's been about 20 years. - (inthane-chan) - (3)
                 Don't it feel good! - (folkert) - (2)
                     Funny, isn't it? - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                         Amazing. Truly. Similar to "No Pain" when hurt badly. -NT - (folkert)
         did ya a favor - (boxley) - (3)
             Worst part about it... - (inthane-chan) - (2)
                 dam, in a way thats worse if you bought into that shit - (boxley)
                 My folks - (imric)
         Stands to reason. - (Andrew Grygus)
         Re: Okay, I'm about >-< this far away from murder. - (Ashton)
         Debated with myself wether to offer ... - (dmarker)
         So what are you going to do about it now? - (ben_tilly)
         I feel for you. - (Arkadiy)
         You hold the trump card now - (lister) - (8)
             Re: You hold the trump card now - (Ashton) - (6)
                 Thank you, Ash - (Arkadiy)
                 First off... - (lister) - (4)
                     You'd love my mom. - (inthane-chan) - (2)
                         try this one - (boxley) - (1)
                             Make a note of that one for the book! :) -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                     Re: First off... - (Ashton)
             wow, had to pay for your own shit huh? hehehehehe -NT - (boxley)

I expected him to strike up a game of chess with Satan and start muttering about strawberries.
68 ms