IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Dont worship the man
Fundamentally Reagan was a delusional, self-indulgent, egoist-illusionist with no use for people from Shining Hill City living on the other side of the golden-spiked tracks.

He was, of course, a chickenhawk.

One need not even bring up his reactionary record as governor of California.

He set the Marlowe-mold for the bottish drone-world we now live in.
-drl
New Didn't he spend the war making training films?
Just like John Wayne?

Peter
[link|http://www.debian.org|Shill For Hire]
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
[link|http://guildenstern.dyndns.org|Blog]
New yup, each according to their needs,
other stars did a little better. David Niven, Intel. Audie Murphy medal of honor, Peck airforce, Bob Mitchem saw action I beleive.
thanx,
bill
Anchorage AK: House for sale 3 bed 1 bath 1440 sq feet huge lot near Cheney Lake 175K FSBO 813.273.3518
I wondered what Darwinian moment had to effect itself before we devolved from children flying paper flags in the sky to half formed creatures thundering in a wall of horns down the road to Roncevaux. James Lee Burke
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New James Stewart flew combat missions
..in the Army Air Corps, DFC with 7 battle stars, was later a General in the AFR.

Clark Gable, beyond draft age, enlisted as a private in the air corps, went to OCS, graduated, wanted to fight but was resisted, finally allowed to join an active unit and volunteered for combat missions.

John Ford, the great director of westerns (Searchers, Darling Clementine etc.) was just offshore on D-Day, filming - was at Midway when the Japs OH PARDON ME Japanese attacked it.

Lee Marvin, USMC, wounded at Saipan, Purple Heart.

Richard Burton, RAF, Battle of Britain.

-drl
New Not to apologize for him...
...but I was under the impression he was not sent due to vision issues. According to [link|http://www.wpafb.af.mil/museum/history/wwii/rr.htm|this page]:

Following the Japanese attack of Pearl Harbor on Dec. 7, 1941, Lt. Reagan interrupted his acting career and on April 19, 1942, went on active duty. This was not achieved without some difficulty because when Lt. Reagan took his first physical exam, he was not accepted for active duty due to eyesight difficulties. His persistence finally triumphed and he was given another exam which he passed. However, he was classified for limited service only, which permanently denied to him his ambition of serving overseas. His first assignment was at the San Francisco Port of Embarkation, Fort Mason, Cal., as Liaison Officer of the Port and Transportation Office.

If that's accurate, I won't think less of the man for trying.
Tired of lying in the sunshine staying home to watch the rain.
You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today.
And then one day you find ten years have got behind you.
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun.
New Pop volunteered, December 1940
And I don't believe anything the Reagan propaganda machine kicks out.
-drl
New An that would explain this:
There is a [link|http://highboskage.com/books-reviewed/1892049260.html|gentle chapter] on one-time basball broadcaster Ronald Reagan that tells how he wrote Cleveland Indians start Bob Feller requesting an autographed ball for a boy who had been shot by his father, a mentally unstable World War II Hero Mr. Feller sent the ball. More than 30 years later, meeting with President Reagan at the White House, the Hall of Fame pitcher found that the Gipper rememembered the incident...
Alex

Honor has not to be won; it must only not be lost. -- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860), German philosopher
New Re: An that would explain this:
I think he already was in full baby-kissing mode when he popped out. So this touching story does not move me one inch. I remember instead his self-congratulations as he left office, after setting up the plunder of the Constitution and tradition and tossing the first firebrand.

-drl
New Re: delusional.
My favorite story was about one of the first times Tip O'Neil visited the venerable old idiot in the White House. Got this off a blog, but it is as I rememeber Tip telling it:

\ufffdHe's sitting over there (by his desk in the Oval Office) and says, 'Hey Grover Cleveland. I played him in the movies.' I said no, you played Grover Cleveland Alexander, the baseball player.\ufffd

John Lennon had the appropriate words for Ronnie in the White House:

"Nothing is real."
bcnu,
Mikem

If you can read this, you are not the President.
     fuck all you stone hearted cocksuckers!! - (boxley) - (28)
         And a solid fuck you too! - (inthane-chan)
         Here's a platitude for you. - (mmoffitt)
         Ronald Reagan - founder of . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
         Up yours! - (a6l6e6x) - (13)
             voted for him as well - (boxley) - (12)
                 Bzzzzt. Grenada? - (mmoffitt) - (11)
                     yes, rescued the students remember? - (boxley) - (10)
                         The infamous Grenada ! - a classic repub victory ... - (dmarker) - (4)
                             well in panama, noreiaga fell behind on his vig -NT - (boxley)
                             Oh, grenada - (boxley) - (1)
                                 Re: Oh, grenada - (dmarker)
                             Better count them Repo "victories" while you can... - (jb4)
                         ROFL. - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                             so you claim that the cubans were cigar salesmen? - (boxley) - (3)
                                 And you claim Cuba was planning a US invasion? - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                     you aint been to miami lately, too fucking late -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                         No, we "invited" those. - (mmoffitt)
         Real hearts aren't moved by puppy-dog sentimentality, - (Ashton) - (10)
             Dont worship the man - (boxley) - (9)
                 Re: Dont worship the man - (deSitter) - (8)
                     Didn't he spend the war making training films? - (pwhysall) - (4)
                         yup, each according to their needs, - (boxley) - (1)
                             James Stewart flew combat missions - (deSitter)
                         Not to apologize for him... - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                             Pop volunteered, December 1940 - (deSitter)
                     An that would explain this: - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                         Re: An that would explain this: - (deSitter)
                     Re: delusional. - (mmoffitt)