IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I didn't say that I would do it
But caveat emptor. You make a big decision like that, you should be aware of the consequences. Sorry, that's how it is. And military service isn't "a place to work". You're being trained to engage in military things, like blowing up buildings and killing people, in addition to basically signing away your rights while you're on active duty.

Again, if being called up again bothers you, 1) don't join in the first place, or 2) don't take the pension (what's your life worth to you?), or 3) don't vote for people who like to start wars.

I don't have much sympathy for people who join the military and then complain that they've joined the military, sorry. You've got a bigger beef than people today in that military duty back then could have been compulsory, though, for sure. Your daughter, though, didn't have that hanging over her.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New Actually, I agree with you completely.
Like the soldier, Marine IIRC, who sued when ordered to active duty for GWI. Said he only signed up for the school benefit.

Or the soldier facing court-martial for deserting and attempting to file CO status.

You sign up, you perform the job. I remember on active duty fielding complaints about the soldier not getting the duty location of choice or the job of choice. In each case I asked if they had read paragraph g (iirc) of the contract which stated, paraphrased, "while every attempt will be made to give you the training of your choice and/or the duty station of your choice, you will be used at the needs of the Army."

I wasn't complaining or whining, at least I wasn't intending to do so, I was just stating that the proposed recall of the IRR was getting a little close. Next step would be either a draft or recall of the retirees. In either case, I am safe due to current medical conditions.

FWIW, after serving twenty years, I'd rather be risk the recall than forfeit the pension. (Decision is made when you "retire", not when faced with recall)

Now where's that First Sergeant/Master Sergeant rank icon when I need it. :-)
     The Army is stretched indeed. - (Arkadiy) - (7)
         Re: The Army is stretched indeed. - (dmcarls) - (6)
             This is getting too close to home - (jbrabeck) - (4)
                 Well, I have to say this... - (admin) - (3)
                     Do you think of what will happen 35 years later - (jbrabeck) - (2)
                         I didn't say that I would do it - (admin) - (1)
                             Actually, I agree with you completely. - (jbrabeck)
             Seems to me... - (jb4)

No, we don't know what it means either.
67 ms