IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New And that will be useless
Elementary precaution: direct phishing to a machine that you have compromised.

Armies of compromised machines will be a growing problem unless and until ISPs are liable for permitting clearly compromised machines on their network to act maliciously. As long as the liability is moved to the edges of the network, no good solution exists.

Cheers,
Ben
To deny the indirect purchaser, who in this case is the ultimate purchaser, the right to seek relief from unlawful conduct, would essentially remove the word consumer from the Consumer Protection Act
- [link|http://www.techworld.com/opsys/news/index.cfm?NewsID=1246&Page=1&pagePos=20|Nebraska Supreme Court]
New Good point. But will that happen?
I don't think so. You haven't been able to make money as an ISP in what? five years? So, do you think AOL/MSN/Comcast/Hypervine/etc. is going to allow the Congress or anyone else to pass laws that make them liable? I think not. And in the absence of such legislation, what is Joe and Molly Sixpack to conclude other than "it's not safe to shop online"?
bcnu,
Mikem

If you can read this, you are not the President.
     Fleet Bank phishing email - (a6l6e6x) - (7)
         Whatcha think? - (mmoffitt) - (4)
             Sooner or later most people will learn to recognize scams. - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                 And that will be useless - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                     Good point. But will that happen? - (mmoffitt)
             Seems to me- all part of lifes lessons & will be absorbed - (dmarker)
         That IP is wesleyan college in Macon Georgia. -NT - (folkert) - (1)
             New take on missive "God will provide" :-) -NT - (dmarker)

I valued your opinion more when I was being paid to.
62 ms