IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Whatcha think?
Do the almost certainly never-ending stream of scams like this foretell the doom of "online consumerism"? Will there eventually be a "Lead Pencil Society" backlash against all online commerce?
bcnu,
Mikem

If you can read this, you are not the President.
New Sooner or later most people will learn to recognize scams.
Unfortunately, some will learn painfully.

Got a auto-reply from Cox:
Hello,

This is an automatic reply to confirm that your message has been received by Cox Communications Security (abuse@cox.net) describing an incident of alleged ervice abuse.

Cox Communications is dedicated to ensuring that its service is used in a manner that is consistent with the policies set forth in its Terms of Service Agreement and Acceptable Use Policy. Cox Communications takes all reported abuse complaints seriously, and will handle them in accordance with the above policies in a timely and efficient manner. Should we require further information regarding your complaint, we will contact you.

This may be the last reply that you receive regarding your complaint. Please do not, however, interpret a lack of response as a lack of action taken. Please be assured that if we find that a customer is in violation of the above policies, that we will take the necessary action to stop the activity in question.

Thank you for taking the time to contact Cox Communications.
Alex

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.
New And that will be useless
Elementary precaution: direct phishing to a machine that you have compromised.

Armies of compromised machines will be a growing problem unless and until ISPs are liable for permitting clearly compromised machines on their network to act maliciously. As long as the liability is moved to the edges of the network, no good solution exists.

Cheers,
Ben
To deny the indirect purchaser, who in this case is the ultimate purchaser, the right to seek relief from unlawful conduct, would essentially remove the word consumer from the Consumer Protection Act
- [link|http://www.techworld.com/opsys/news/index.cfm?NewsID=1246&Page=1&pagePos=20|Nebraska Supreme Court]
New Good point. But will that happen?
I don't think so. You haven't been able to make money as an ISP in what? five years? So, do you think AOL/MSN/Comcast/Hypervine/etc. is going to allow the Congress or anyone else to pass laws that make them liable? I think not. And in the absence of such legislation, what is Joe and Molly Sixpack to conclude other than "it's not safe to shop online"?
bcnu,
Mikem

If you can read this, you are not the President.
New Seems to me- all part of lifes lessons & will be absorbed

Life in certain parts of Nu Yoik is well understood by all New York residents ("don't walk done 99th street after 5:30pm on your own dressed like a businessman")

Same applies to any major city (incl Sydney & visiting certain streets in Redfern).

I won't bore you with safe sex comparisons :-)

The net changes the demographics from 'sex & the city' but the lessons are the same.

Don't trust a damned thing you recieve as email unless you know the sender & the topic & even then, don't fully trust what they have sent if it has attachments. (This happened to me recently when I recieved a video email from a name I knew as a HK pilot. I wouldn't open it but did send him an email saying I had recieved an email that consisted only of a video attatchment & that he might have a virus, he replied saying he had thought he was being very clever in sending a video email using his new webcam).

Life on the net is tough :-)

Doug Marker

Fleet Bank phishing email - (a6l6e6x) - (7)
         Whatcha think? - (mmoffitt) - (4)
             Sooner or later most people will learn to recognize scams. - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                 And that will be useless - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                     Good point. But will that happen? - (mmoffitt)
             Seems to me- all part of lifes lessons & will be absorbed - (dmarker)
         That IP is wesleyan college in Macon Georgia. -NT - (folkert) - (1)
             New take on missive "God will provide" :-) -NT - (dmarker)

I learned much knowledge from this post.
38 ms