IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New As a viable profession in the US - I'll say yes.
I personally think I'm washed up.

I'm actively looking for a new career and I've stopped looking for computer work.

50% of my time I'm unemployed and frankly I could give a fuck what the new POS library/technology/OS/hardware/methodology/system architecture retread is.

I've been at this too long and am halfway through the third loop. Nothing changes or improves and the average practitioner/manager is a clueless fuck weasel.

Game Over.

Bye.

Democracies are not well-run nor long-preserved with secrecy and lies.

--Walter Cronkite
New Damn.
Guess I'm just lucky.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New Not lucky - still under 40
I suspect that unless to migrate to managerial masturbation in the next 10 years you'll start hitting the age wall. It's very real and no one is doing anything about it.
-drl
New Good luck.
> I'm actively looking for a new career and I've
> stopped looking for computer work.

Not surprised. You're smart *and* experienced. Unemployable combination. :(

> 50% of my time I'm unemployed and frankly I could give
> a fuck what the new POS library/technology/OS/hardware
> /methodology/system architecture retread is.

Heh. I never did care.

> I've been at this too long and am halfway through the
> third loop. Nothing changes or improves and the average
> practitioner/manager is a clueless fuck weasel.

Yeah. Although I've been having fun with Python for several months now (and actually *enjoying* most of the conversations on a comp.* newsgroup for once), I put my continued existence in the 'industry' down to two things:

1. I don't have any peers at work, or anyone who remotely believes they are my peer. Not that I'm a genius or anything, just a "division of labor" thing.
2. I'd have a job here tomorrow if computers didn't exist. Call it a sense of purpose.

> Game Over. Bye.

Hope you find *something* worth your time and effort.
New I hear you.
I'm as disgusted with this industry as you sound like you are. I only hope I can stay employed long enough to
1) Get my kids through college
2) Get my instrument, commercial and cfi
3) Get my a & p ia.

Then I'll just run some smallish country airport. Well, that's the plan anyway.

I hope things turn out for you and you find something more meaningful to pay the rent with than working with these @#@!$#@# machines.
bcnu,
Mikem
New having jusr spent 3 days looking at xml boot camp
from a sysadmin point of view. This is EDI regurgitated, which was basic and cobol regirgitated. Peope invent new ways od comparing dissimular datasets and resolving sameness. The idea is grea but different shit is still different shit. The future of IT in this country is not creating sameness, that is what tools are invented to acheive, the future is in determining differences and resolving how to deal with it, So progrmming is out and recovery of services nd connectivity is in.
thanx,
bill
attempting to explain profiling doesn't require one to take a position for or against it any more than attempting to explain gravity requires one to be for or against gravity. Walter Williams
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New What is old is new again
Or said differently: "same shit, different day"
jb4
shrub\ufffdbish (Am., from shrub + rubbish, after the derisive name for America's 43 president; 2003) n. 1. a form of nonsensical political doubletalk wherein the speaker attempts to defend the indefensible by lying, obfuscation, or otherwise misstating the facts; GIBBERISH. 2. any of a collection of utterances from America's putative 43rd president. cf. BULLSHIT

New Re: As a viable profession in the US - I'll say yes.
Yeah, me too more or less - haven't fully committed yet but I will probably get a PhD in Physics and try to find a teaching job out West, then overseas. I'm done with the country as well as the profession. Clueless fuck weasels have ruined everything, not just programming and administration.

But stick around here at least.
-drl
     Is programming dead? - (lincoln) - (15)
         Programming is still there - (ChrisR)
         What I need. - (mmoffitt)
         They have been promising that for 40 years - (tablizer)
         As a viable profession in the US - I'll say yes. - (tuberculosis) - (7)
             Damn. - (admin) - (1)
                 Not lucky - still under 40 - (deSitter)
             Good luck. - (FuManChu)
             I hear you. - (mmoffitt)
             having jusr spent 3 days looking at xml boot camp - (boxley) - (1)
                 What is old is new again - (jb4)
             Re: As a viable profession in the US - I'll say yes. - (deSitter)
         Re: Is programming dead? - (JimWeirich) - (1)
             Programming imay be dead, but debugging isn't - (jb4)
         It's changing...but it's always changing.... - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
             Promotion? -NT - (FuManChu)

It’s merely anecdotal, but someone who can severely misconstrue the meaning of “Green Eggs and Ham” has no business being considered smart.
103 ms