1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New What percent
of my current pay would you accept?

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.

Nothing is as simple as it seems in the beginning,
As hopeless as it seems in the middle,
Or as finished as it seems in the end.

New For the employer...
...they'll view your fringes as costing them 30%...so they'll try and drop your rate when they add benefits and vacation.

However, you should be able to get some play from you having to move. This always creates additional expenses over and above what they will pay.

If you could get them within 15-20% of your bill rate (not counting the travel expenses) you'll be doing well. (and you can go to the doctor and stuff :-)

All that reasonableness aside. --->If they like you, and they see enough value to want to extend you to permanent. They may be willing to bite the bullet and overpay. You are a known commodity to them and that is worth $$$.

Don't be bashful when negotiating. They know what your making now. You only have to reinforce that with that statement being out in the open.

Plus, do your value equation. How much have you >saved< them in reduced fees to "the drinkers". How much can you continue to save them. Make sure they know this as well (though I'm sure they do...which is why the perm position is likley being created in the first place.)

You can become mission critical to this company. Companies have a tendency to pay mission critical well.

My sister is down there...so I have a place to stay if you get a place thats really small ;-)
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New well depending on your current wage
and how much markup was put on it you should make close to what you are now. I took a $500 annual hit on wages but of course make better due to reduced health care costs and parking monies. If you get close plus moving costs that would be a decent deal.
thanx,.
bill
"You're just like me streak. You never left the free-fire zone.You think aspirins and meetings and cold showers are going to clean out your head. What you want is God's permission to paint the trees with the bad guys. That wont happen big mon." Clete
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
     My employer - (imric) - (14)
         depends what you prefer - (boxley) - (2)
             Aside from my cow-workers - (imric) - (1)
                 dont forget weekend after next - (boxley)
         Money to live on is good. - (admin) - (2)
             Mostly - (imric) - (1)
                 Matter of perception - (jbrabeck)
         Dude. - (bepatient) - (4)
             What Beep said! - (folkert)
             What percent - (imric) - (2)
                 For the employer... - (bepatient) - (1)
                     well depending on your current wage - (boxley)
         My 2. - (Lefty)
         The key question is: - (jb4)
         Re: My employer - (qstephens)

This is to prove I can paint like Titian.
228 ms