IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I'm not sure what other religions believe.
They surely are not part of Abraham's crowd of nations but I imagine that some of them believe in mono-theism.

And yes, you are right that I was looking for a common thread that the three religions have. To be honest, I am shocked at how many things these religions have in common. These commonalities tend to increase my faith in religion. Is that common?
New Re: I'm not sure what other religions believe.
They surely are not part of Abraham's crowd of nations but I imagine that some of them believe in mono-theism.

Monotheism would be the rare exception, but it's not exclusive to religions descended from Judaism. Many forms of paganism have a one god / many names concept that is essentially monotheism.

And yes, you are right that I was looking for a common thread that the three religions have. To be honest, I am shocked at how many things these religions have in common. These commonalities tend to increase my faith in religion. Is that common?

I don't see why you would find it at all shocking. Islam builds on Christianity which builds on Judaism. It's perfectly natural that they share a lot in common.

I suspect you may be over impressed by how much they have in common because you have the common Christian misconception of Christianity as being a uniquely different religion. In fact, when Christianity was first being spread among the Romans one of the commonest complaints was that it plagiarized other older religions.

Jay
     Abraham: "The Father of a Crowd of Nations" - (brettj) - (10)
         I can see where your going with this - (JayMehaffey) - (9)
             I wish I knew. - (brettj) - (8)
                 Re: I wish I knew. - (JayMehaffey) - (7)
                     Believe a distinction is made about 'jihads', though. - (Ashton) - (4)
                         Re: Believe a distinction is made about 'jihads', though. - (JayMehaffey) - (3)
                             Concede on Koran omission - (Ashton) - (2)
                                 Conversion - (JayMehaffey) - (1)
                                     I think that's an - (Ashton)
                     I'm not sure what other religions believe. - (brettj) - (1)
                         Re: I'm not sure what other religions believe. - (JayMehaffey)

Filtering out the sesame seeds.
37 ms