IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Fscking joy
We're gonna have 3 to 6 inches of snow and THEN 1/2 to 1 inch of ice. FSCK!! I HATE ICE! Snow is fine, but ice SUCKS. I took a real dive walking back from the store the other day. The bad leg is not totally responsive yet - still stiff and sore, so my footing is not the best. Hit an ice patch covered with a little snow and WHOOSH - my one bag of groceries went flying straight up into the air, and the torque broke open the new long box of 12 Cokes - it was raining Cokes on me, which then scattered in every direction - a couple even slid into the sewer with a ploink sound.

I'm glad you weren't seriously hurt. Ice is tricky to navigate always, but I've found a method that helps me stay upright most of the time. We bought one of those ice breakers, the kind that you drive down into the ice (has a small blade on a long wooden handle), and I have been using that for balance whenever I HAVE to walk on ice. You drive the blade down a little into the ice and then lean on it to go forward, balance, and then pull it up and do it again until you reach your goal. It kinda acts like a crutch of sorts, only keeps you from slipping for the most part.

You might want to give that option a try.

Nightowl >8#

"To become different from what we are, we must have some awareness of what we are."
Eric Hoffer
New Re: Fscking joy
I never fall. It's just my reorganized motion. It's no big deal. If I fall, I fall. It won't hurt the sidewalk.
-drl
     Fscking joy - (deSitter) - (10)
         Ouch! -NT - (admin)
         Oy Vey! - (a6l6e6x)
         Re: Fscking joy - (Nightowl) - (1)
             Re: Fscking joy - (deSitter)
         I am really not liking the ice and snow - (orion)
         thank god! - (rcareaga) - (3)
             No risk of that; they don't HAVE any beer in St Louie. -NT - (CRConrad) - (2)
                 I was able to score a bottle of heineken there, once -NT - (boxley)
                 We used to - (orion)
         ice rinks - (cforde)

It is, however, a surprise that he's not been beaten to death with his own stapler.
67 ms