IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New How do you win?
Job advertised as "Changed Management".

The idiots doing the hiring don't even know the words. It's like applying to be a spider monkey.

"40+ years of primate experience. Very flexible. Long familiarity with trees. Not afraid of lions."
-drl
New Do they mean Change Agent?
As in someone who is hired or contracted to come into a company, find out what is wrong and is authorized to change it as they see fit? We are learning that in class, usually a team is assigned to do the changes. This is usually for an organization that is losing money or low on productivity, etc.

Not everyone will like a Change Agent as not everyone likes change.

"Lady I only speak two languages, English and Bad English!" - Corbin Dallas "The Fifth Element"

New I suspect what deSitter is saying
is Change Management (rather than Changed Management) - usually PVCS/Clearcase source-code control administrators.
New put that phrase in you cover letter, might help
same old crap, con artists ripping off fools. Ah, hell, Catholic Church it start off that way. They All do. Jesus probably had three walnut shells one pea, then he's dead and can't be questioned,
Gabriel Dupre

questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New I spend some time trying to educate them
They generally appreciate it and occasionally check in with me with new openings even if they don't quite understand what the opening is for.

It definitely doesn't pay to slam them, although routing around them whenever possible is good. I also like to let them know I've figured out who their client is from their job description and make it clear that I'm still talking to them largely as a courtesy.

.....To the future or to the past, to a time when thought is free, when men are different from one another and do not live alone -- to a time when truth exists and what is done cannot be undone:
.....From the age of uniformity, from the age of solitude, from the age of Big Brother, from the age of doublethink -- greetings!

-- George Orwell, 1984
New Happens a lot (new thread)
Created as new thread #139339 titled [link|/forums/render/content/show?contentid=139339|Happens a lot]

"Lady I only speak two languages, English and Bad English!" - Corbin Dallas "The Fifth Element"

New Could be a plea for Help!
"We just fired mangement, because the suckers were bleeding us dry with parachutes and golf. Can Anyone Help Us build something that Works ???"

Just a thought.
     How do you win? - (deSitter) - (6)
         Do they mean Change Agent? - (orion) - (1)
             I suspect what deSitter is saying - (Simon_Jester)
         put that phrase in you cover letter, might help -NT - (boxley)
         I spend some time trying to educate them - (tuberculosis) - (1)
             Happens a lot (new thread) - (orion)
         Could be a plea for Help! - (Ashton)

Fear my pink line.
70 ms