IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New do you read in the toilet?
If reading reading represents an act of incorporation.it explains the passion which so many pregenitally fixtated persons have for reading in the water closet.It is an attempt to preserve the equilibrium of the ego; part of ones bodily substance is being lost and so fresh matter must be absorbed through the eyes. Some persons of an oral-erotic disposition are prompted by libidenal impulses to read whenever eating, but here the matter is more complicated. We must assume that their oral erotism, when stimulated, requires a twofold satisfaction.
Fenichel
So lets get this straight reading IWETHEY during lunch gives me a woody and reading the backs of pill bottles during a dump is garbage in and garbage out?
kewl.
thanx,
bill
same old crap, con artists ripping off fools. Ah, hell, Catholic Church it start off that way. They All do. Jesus probably had three walnut shells one pea, then he's dead and can't be questioned,
Gabriel Dupre

questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New What a bunch of
shit.

Oh..
New Actually

It's the only time in my day I can read for pleasure, rather than for work or school. It's quiet, personal time with no phones, no e-mail and no interruptions.
Tom Sinclair

The question seldom addressed is *where* Medusa had snakes. Underarm hair
is an even more embarassing problem when it keeps biting the top of the
deodorant bottle.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Soul Music)
New The porcelain throne is a place of learning, IMHO.

Peter
[link|http://www.debian.org|Shill For Hire]
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
[link|http://guildenstern.dyndns.org|Home Page - Now with added Zing!]
New Agreed
I just spent some quality time with my XML book in there.
New I learned how Exim's routing and transports work...
...whilst parking my breakfast.

Peter
[link|http://www.debian.org|Shill For Hire]
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
[link|http://guildenstern.dyndns.org|Home Page - Now with added Zing!]
New Re: I learned how Exim's routing and transports work...
ROFL - I read about renormalization because I prefer fun reading in the open spaces.
-drl
New Re: Agreed
How appropriate.

"Windows for Dummies"

"XML for Constipates"
-drl
New Re: Actually
Bought a pair of reading glasses just for the throne. But, it turns out that reading glasses are the source of a fifth force, the "spectacle interaction" - they attract other pairs of reading glasses, and they eventually all end up on the kitchen table.
-drl
New Yeah, well...
Tom calls going to the bog
...quiet, personal time with no phones, no e-mail and no interruptions.
If you remember to leave your cell phone behind.

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad]
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
You know you're doing good work when you get flamed by an idiot. -- [link|http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/35/34218.html|Andrew Wittbrodt]
New Re: Yeah, well...
I need to read more. I should eat more Shredded Wheat.
-drl
New I leave my cell phone off unless I'm calling someone
Tom Sinclair

The question seldom addressed is *where* Medusa had snakes. Underarm hair
is an even more embarassing problem when it keeps biting the top of the
deodorant bottle.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Soul Music)
New Same here
I have a shelf on the bathtub edge (we don't use that bathtub), with no less than 5 books on it at a time (currently there are 6) and 3-4 more on the floor standing up leaning against the tub side.

It's a nice place to relax and read.

Edit: And I frequently read either a magazine or the computer while I eat.

Nightowl >8#

"To become different from what we are, we must have some awareness of what we are."
Eric Hoffer
Expand Edited by Nightowl Jan. 31, 2004, 10:50:22 AM EST
New Wireless net access.
Laptop.

Plenty of lap on the throne.

Yes..I read there also...Lord of the Rings trilogy in prep for the movies...couple of King books...dictionary.

If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

It goes in, it must come out.Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]

New I do not read in the toliet
I do my business and them I am out of there.

I read at the Kitchen Table, the sofa, the bed, or someplace else. One of these days I might buy a desk for the extra room we have in the basement an do my reading and studying there.

"Lady I only speak two languages, English and Bad English!" - Corbin Dallas "The Fifth Element"

New maybe you should start
-----
Steve
New I am just not keen on the idea
I do all my reading outside of the bathroom.

Any good reasons why I should start reading on the toliet?

"Lady I only speak two languages, English and Bad English!" - Corbin Dallas "The Fifth Element"

New A:You NEED to use ALL the time you can to improve your mind.
New The way I see it
if I am going to be blasting a dookie and it takes more than 15 minutes, I will either need to meditate to relax my bowels or pray for divine intervention. Reading a book would be the last thing I would do.

I have had times in my life of heavy stress and colon problems that took that long. I also have had times where I am constipated and cannot blast a dookie for weeks. While constiptated, I only spend time in the bathroom to take the occasional pisser.

"You ain't getting sh*t outta me, I've been constipated for weeks and there ain't a dang thing you can do about it!" Slim Pickens "1941".

New prunes, metamucil and (if needed) exlax
"good ideas and bad code build communities, the other three combinations do not"
- [link|http://archives.real-time.com/pipermail/cocoon-devel/2000-October/003023.html|Stefano Mazzocchi]
New Tried them
no results. Almost had to have my bowels cleared by surgery. My Uncle actually had that happen to him. Locked Bowels are not laughing matter.

I drink NVP (Natural Vegtable Powder) in water and try to eat some salads once in a while. Been much better, can blast a dookie in only a few minutes now. Yeah I know, TMI, but hardly enough time to read a book.

New Used to work IT in the Dept. of Gastroenterology.
One of the Big Things was to cover the weekly presentations, set up the projector, hold the doctors' hands as they figured out PowerPoint...

Let's just say I know waaaay TMI about that part of the body. Ick.
"I'll stop calling this crew 'Orwellian' when they stop using 1984 as an operations manual." - J. Bradford DeLong
New Re: The way I see it
You're anal - that's your main problem. I knew it.
-drl
New read the original post and apply to Norman
He has problems letting go.
thanx,
bill
same old crap, con artists ripping off fools. Ah, hell, Catholic Church it start off that way. They All do. Jesus probably had three walnut shells one pea, then he's dead and can't be questioned,
Gabriel Dupre

questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New Not any more
now that I am less stressed and eating more fiber, it does not take as long. I can let go easier now. :)

New Reading must not relax you then
Cause that's what I do in there to relax.

Nightowl >8#

"To become different from what we are, we must have some awareness of what we are."
Eric Hoffer
New You are correct
reading does not relax me. I am not sure why, but somehow it does not. I tend to worry about forgetting what I've read, etc.

New I have a copy of the FAR's.
bcnu,
Mikem

I don't do third world languages. So no, I don't do Java.
New I read anywhere I can hold a book.
As long as I'm not walking/driving so I have to pay attention to surroundings, I read most times. On the bus, while cooking, on smoke break, during meals. Anywhere, anytime.
-----------------------------------------
"If you don't vote, it's your fault!"

jb4
New Hmmm.. a pre-postliterate Dinosaur, eh?
New Addicted to letters, in any (semblance of) order, eh?
Just like me. That's my oldest addiction; been suff^H^H^H^Henjoying it for about thirty years now.

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad]
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
You know you're doing good work when you get flamed by an idiot. -- [link|http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/35/34218.html|Andrew Wittbrodt]
New Ayup.
My Grandad got me hooked when I was 8(9?) with Tom Sawyer, The Arthurian legends, Fairy tales (of the Grimm variety), Call of the Wild, etc. I remember being so engrossed in a comic one time I paid no attention while my Stepdad stood on my bed where I was reading and affixed some goop he had concocted at the one of the U of I chem labs on the ceiling which s l o w l y formed a drip and landed on the page I was reading. I brushed it off, finished the story and only then asked what the hell was that stuff. Was rather frequently jolted of a reading trance by having my name shouted at me (after multiple, louder attempts to get my attention).

jb4
New You've read Silverlock then, I take it...
I wish I had the time to read that I used to. My best commute was the 1.5 hour bus/train ride in DC.

By my wife's edict, I'm not allowed to read at the table when others are present. :-P
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New One of my all time favs
And I consider it a happy accident to have the required tress of a different color that justifies the use as my nom de screen.

jb4
New :-)
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
     do you read in the toilet? - (boxley) - (34)
         What a bunch of - (Ashton)
         Actually - (tjsinclair) - (10)
             The porcelain throne is a place of learning, IMHO. -NT - (pwhysall) - (4)
                 Agreed - (broomberg) - (3)
                     I learned how Exim's routing and transports work... - (pwhysall) - (1)
                         Re: I learned how Exim's routing and transports work... - (deSitter)
                     Re: Agreed - (deSitter)
             Re: Actually - (deSitter)
             Yeah, well... - (CRConrad) - (2)
                 Re: Yeah, well... - (deSitter)
                 I leave my cell phone off unless I'm calling someone -NT - (tjsinclair)
             Same here - (Nightowl)
         Wireless net access. - (bepatient)
         I do not read in the toliet - (orion) - (12)
             maybe you should start -NT - (Steve Lowe) - (11)
                 I am just not keen on the idea - (orion) - (10)
                     A:You NEED to use ALL the time you can to improve your mind. -NT - (CRConrad) - (9)
                         The way I see it - (orion) - (8)
                             prunes, metamucil and (if needed) exlax -NT - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                                 Tried them - (orion) - (1)
                                     Used to work IT in the Dept. of Gastroenterology. - (inthane-chan)
                             Re: The way I see it - (deSitter) - (2)
                                 read the original post and apply to Norman - (boxley) - (1)
                                     Not any more - (orion)
                             Reading must not relax you then - (Nightowl) - (1)
                                 You are correct - (orion)
         I have a copy of the FAR's. -NT - (mmoffitt)
         I read anywhere I can hold a book. - (Silverlock) - (6)
             Hmmm.. a pre-postliterate Dinosaur, eh? -NT - (Ashton)
             Addicted to letters, in any (semblance of) order, eh? - (CRConrad) - (4)
                 Ayup. - (Silverlock) - (3)
                     You've read Silverlock then, I take it... - (admin) - (2)
                         One of my all time favs - (Silverlock) - (1)
                             :-) -NT - (admin)

She can do the Kessel run in under 2 parsecs!
209 ms