IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Is the data really tabular?
Use your imagination. It's a fad, and he's a boss. It's arbitrary. Science Diet for PHBs.
-drl
New No harm in being generous
While that is likely, it is always possible that there is something that the boss thinks of as a real reason. For instance the boss knows that another project coming down the pipeline involves lots of XML, or the person who is slated to take over maintainance may have that skillset.

No harm in asking.

Cheers,
Ben
"good ideas and bad code build communities, the other three combinations do not"
- [link|http://archives.real-time.com/pipermail/cocoon-devel/2000-October/003023.html|Stefano Mazzocchi]
     XML - (broomberg) - (17)
         XML - (deSitter)
         You're kidding, right? - (admin) - (3)
             Whaddya mean, it's a growth industry! - (deSitter) - (2)
                 English as a 3rd language? - (broomberg) - (1)
                     No, it's a typo. - (pwhysall)
         Is the data really tabular? - (ben_tilly) - (2)
             Re: Is the data really tabular? - (deSitter) - (1)
                 No harm in being generous - (ben_tilly)
         Tab-delimited text file, named [whatever].XLS - (CRConrad) - (6)
             I'll have to remember that trick - (ben_tilly) - (4)
                 OTOH, the on-the-fly opening isn't consistent. :-( - (CRConrad) - (3)
                     My brain hurts thinking about how you know all of that... -NT - (Another Scott) - (2)
                         ICLRPD - (Steve Lowe)
                         Just a quick trial, yesterday. 5 rows typed + 8 mouse clicks -NT - (CRConrad)
             ICLRPD! (new thread) - (jb4)
         Thanks for the reality check - (broomberg)
         is a confidence game pushed by the web designer non-techies -NT - (tuberculosis)

I bellied up to the sandbar, and he poured me the usual: Rusty Snail, hold the grunion, shaken, not stirred. With a peanut butter and jellyfish sandwich on the side - heavy on the mako.
70 ms