IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New And as long as they have cash to pay . .
. . I'm perfectly happy to give them what they want. I tried for years to save my clients money and found it wasn't a sound business strategy. If I don't give them what they want, and charge for it, they'll find someone who will.

Of course, as I fix their stuff, I prattle on about how much greener the grass is on the other side but that works like water off a duck's back. Even a BSA audit or total distruction of their data by a worm isn't likely to be enough.

They ask me "Why aren't other people having these problems?" and I reply that everyone else is - but they don't want to look like fools so they don't talk about it. They just say, "Oh", and then ask why Microsoft doesn't fix it. I just ask them "are you going to buy something else if they don't?". End of conversation.

Never underestimate the power of "doing what everyone else is doing".
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New Re: And as long as they have cash to pay . .
It's not a sound career strategy either, until actual physical, litigable damage happens. I've been kicked off projects for simply being too vocal about the "right way" (not recently). The basic reason is ego. The pointy ones have too much ego invested in bad ideas.
-drl
New I know that
I suggested Java controls over ActiveX ones when they wanted clients to access their Intranet apps and the client had MacOS with Netscape or Windows 95 (NoIE) and Netscape. Every web app I developed, my manager would ask me if I put Java into it and if so please remove it. *Sigh* I mention Java one time to solve a problem and I get branded for life. No I did not sneak Java into my web apps, I used ActiveX instead as the manager wanted.

"Lady I only speak two languages, English and Bad English!" - Corbin Dallas "The Fifth Element"

Worms! Windows! Action! - (deSitter) - (18)
         And in other news.. - (Steve Lowe)
         So that's what it was - (jake123)
         Why do people run this stuff? - (tuberculosis) - (6)
             Because it's easy. - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                 Easy to buy maybe - easy to use - Uh UH! -NT - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                     Easy as in "Nobody ever got fired for buying..." -NT - (mmoffitt)
                 Hey, I got paid (overtime, too!) ;) -NT - (inthane-chan) - (2)
                     In the end, we all lose - (deSitter) - (1)
                         Yup, known. -NT - (inthane-chan)
         I love these worms. - (Andrew Grygus) - (7)
             Good for the repair business - (orion) - (6)
                 You'd be better off opening a dealership - (tuberculosis) - (5)
                     Unfortunately, that's what they want. - (Steve Lowe) - (3)
                         And as long as they have cash to pay . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                             Re: And as long as they have cash to pay . . - (deSitter) - (1)
                                 I know that - (orion)
                     I tried that in 1995 - 1997 - (orion)
         *yawn* -NT - (n3jja)

You will be boiled in vegetable oil and packaged for housecats.
64 ms