IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I have many options
an old friend offered me to join him in the used computer business. Upgrading old systems with new ones, taking the old systems away and collecting a disposal fee, and turning around and selling the old systems to customers that cannot afford a new one. I am covering the SWOT with him now, strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. There is of course a risk involved.

My mother-in-law wants me to develop hand held apps for small law firms using my talents I learned at the large law firm. Then using the talents I learned at the medical company to develop hand held apps for doctors and nurses. So far I have not seen any of these apps being developed for hand held units yet, and if they are being developed they are not being advertised enough. She seems to think it might become a million dollar idea. I am more skeptical and will be happy if it ends up being a $10,000 dollar idea, because that is $10,000USD more than we have now and will pay for the development tools I will need to buy and then some. With memory sticks and compact flash cards, 100M databases can be stored on them. Which should be about right for small law firms and small hospitals. Then the desktop app can be designed and synch up with the handheld, the desktop app is the master database and the hand held is the copy. Much better than using a phone line in a laptop to connect to the office from on the road. Just download the info before leaving the office to the hand held. We will cover PalmOS, Windows CE, and Erisson phone devices. The software will check for updated records and new records and only copy what needs to be copied and not the whole database as some information does not change. Each record will store a created date, a modified date, and what user ID modified it last, which can be matched up with the hand held database. The problem is that USB is used for cradle connections and may be slow in updating a bulk of a database.

Two resources that I am lacking to do all this, are time and money. Do I dare quit school to follow my dreams, or stay in school and do it part time but earn less money? I can easily get a personal loan of $5000 to start things up, and hope that I earn enough to pay it back.

"Lady I only speak two languages, English and Bad English!" - Corbin Dallas "The Fifth Element"

New Help here always
-drl
New Good to know
and if we can help each other, and turn around a profit. More power to us. :)

"Lady I only speak two languages, English and Bad English!" - Corbin Dallas "The Fifth Element"

New Then it hits me
and I understand why I am still on disability. Even though I got people telling me I can do things and create wealth for the company, I know in the back of my head that I have not yet fully recovered. I wonder if I can handle the stress of working again. This time it will be a different environment, one that I might have more control over. The question remains "Can I handle it?" and I honestly cannot answer at this time.

I got a lot of ideas, know people that can pull it off, but the problem is me and my condition.

Besides whatever company I form will have partners, I will not have total control. Not that I need it, but I cannot make promises without the other partner's ok. So I can suggest who to hire, and make reconmendations but the other partners have to agree on it. What happens if they do not agree to hire deSitter or someone else I reconmend? What if I have no say in any matter and am constantly outvoted? What if this limits the company and causes it not to grow or earn income? What if I get agreed on and what I suggested does not work out?

It all sounds good in theory, and I am still learning business management. I do not even know how to do marketing yet. I would like to wait until I graduate so I can learn how to manage a business better, but it seems my potential business partners want to get started earlier.

New Re: Then it hits me
Like I said, this is a courage problem. In life you suck it up or perish, or become a burden.

You just have to suck it up. Courage is self-reinforcing.
-drl
New There are times
when I have the courage and feel I can do it, and then I have times when my confidence is shot and I feel like I cannot.

Getting the band back together - (orion) - (33)
         Re: Getting the band back together - (deSitter) - (14)
             I'll consider you - (orion) - (13)
                 Re: I'll consider you - (deSitter) - (12)
                     We can work it out - (orion) - (11)
                         Re: We can work it out - (deSitter) - (10)
                             We need to tweak it a bit - (orion) - (9)
                                 Re: We need to tweak it a bit - (deSitter) - (8)
                                     Has either of you priced the competition in the area? - (boxley) - (7)
                                         There is no competition - (deSitter) - (4)
                                             yeah, right basic research all done my ass - (boxley) - (3)
                                                 That's not competition - (deSitter) - (2)
                                                     so you called them and asked what they charged - (boxley) - (1)
                                                         I have - (orion)
                                         I priced competition - (orion) - (1)
                                             Re: I priced competition - (deSitter)
         Start Fresh - (boxley) - (17)
             Re: Start Fresh - (deSitter) - (10)
                 computercity will home visit for $95 :-0 -NT - (boxley) - (6)
                     People know the work will be shite -NT - (deSitter) - (5)
                         You know they work for shite - (Arkadiy) - (4)
                             Learning from it all - (orion) - (1)
                                 around here $95 per hour plus parts -NT - (boxley)
                             Just experienced Best Buy - (orion)
                             Oh BTW I did some searching and there is no Computer City - (orion)
                 Or get a new one for $299 -NT - (drewk) - (2)
                     Misses point - (deSitter) - (1)
                         It has to be good service, of good quality - (orion)
             I have many options - (orion) - (5)
                 Help here always -NT - (deSitter) - (4)
                     Good to know - (orion)
                     Then it hits me - (orion) - (2)
                         Re: Then it hits me - (deSitter) - (1)
                             There are times - (orion)

As Ashton noted, it's a good one.
72 ms