IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Die, Norman! Die!
Norman asks:
why should I bother to learn from people who either ignore my questions, avoid them, or react to me in such a way that upsets me?
Rand replies: You can't. Cat turds would learn from input more readily than you would. If comprehension was oxygen you would have been dead long before the earliest iteration of the internet.
New GB Shaw Shares Your Pain
1) Martyrdom is the only way a man can become famous without ability.

2) Perhaps more appropriate for those who have lost the power of thought, but not that of speech -
How can you dare teach a man to read until you've taught him everything else first?

3) No question is so difficult to answer as that which the answer is obvious.

4) The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

5) A fool's brain digests philosophy into folly, science into superstition, and art into pedantry. Hence University education.

Of course too, in present context - even our John Dewey grokked to fullness the folly of explaining to either the average or The Norm:

Language exists only when it is listened to as well as spoken. The hearer is an indispensable partner.

ie. Aaarrrrgggghhhhhhh

Wer fremde Sprachen nicht kennt, weiss nichts von seiner eigenen.
Goethe
New Behold the power of Internet
Nowhere in the real world Norm and rcareaga would ever be together for more than 15
minutes.
--

"It\ufffds possible to build a reasonably prosperous society that invests in its people, doesn\ufffdt invade its neighbors, opposes Israel and stands up to America. (Just look at France.)"

-- James Lileks
New You never saw Planes, Trains, and Automobiles?
-drl
New No thanks
at one point of my life a year or so ago I might have granted your request and died (IE kill myself) but I am not the same way I was before. The fact that you would say that to someone who has had sucicial thoughts in the past, proves your character flaws. I learned not to value or trust what certain people say, and you are one of them.

Despite what you are saying about me, in a different environment I have a 3.88 GPA and am being taught by certified instructors and not some semi-anonymous source on the Internet who does not have a very good thought on me, and doesn't like me anyway.

"Lady I only speak two languages, English and Bad English!" - Corbin Dallas "The Fifth Element"

New If your "smarts"...
...were measured as GPA you wouldn't quite be faring as well.

"Smarts" would have dictated that you NOT INVOLVE YOURSELF IN THIS THREAD.

Being true to your stated word...

I learned not to value or trust what certain people say, and you are one of them.
would have dictated that you NOT INVOLVE YOURSELF IN THIS THREAD.

So, value or not...trust or not...if you intend on practicing what you preach...stop responding to this stuff...and stop including personal information that has no bearing.

To the educated reader, all you >attempted< to do was make the original poster "feel bad" for his choice of language.

LARGE CLUE BY 4 APPLICATION FOLLOWS:

He's not likely to give a damn.

If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

It goes in, it must come out.Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]

New reminds me of jimbo couple of years ago
same old crap, con artists ripping off fools. Ah, hell, Catholic Church it start off that way. They All do. Jesus probably had three walnut shells one pea, then he's dead and can't be questioned,
Gabriel Dupre

questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New All I attempted to do
was make myself feel better by replying to him. I know he doesn't give a damn, he never did. Just speaking up to him made me feel a whole lot better. I know I shouldn't involve myself in flame threads, but I do need to learn to stick up for myself as nobody else will. Even if I do stick up for myself and nobody gives a damn, at least I feel better telling someone off, even if it does fall of deaf ears. :)

"Lady I only speak two languages, English and Bad English!" - Corbin Dallas "The Fifth Element"

New /me runs away screaming and pulling out hair

If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

It goes in, it must come out.Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]

New Re: Die, Norman! Die!
It's the drugs. He wasn't always this way. He used to be a genial nerd, like many of us.
-drl
New ICLRPD (new thread)
Created as new thread #135973 titled [link|/forums/render/content/show?contentid=135973|ICLRPD]
--\n-------------------------------------------------------------------\n* Jack Troughton                            jake at consultron.ca *\n* [link|http://consultron.ca|http://consultron.ca]                   [link|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca] *\n* Kingston Ontario Canada               [link|news://news.consultron.ca|news://news.consultron.ca] *\n-------------------------------------------------------------------
New You may have a point
When next I see my doctor, I will ask if he can change them to something different. See if it has better results.

New Re: You may have a point
You should seriously consider very mild ECT. There is an excellent, physical reason it works - it unclogs the synapses.
-drl
     Die, Norman! Die! - (rcareaga) - (12)
         GB Shaw Shares Your Pain - (Ashton)
         Behold the power of Internet - (Arkadiy) - (1)
             You never saw Planes, Trains, and Automobiles? -NT - (deSitter)
         No thanks - (orion) - (4)
             If your "smarts"... - (bepatient) - (3)
                 reminds me of jimbo couple of years ago -NT - (boxley)
                 All I attempted to do - (orion) - (1)
                     /me runs away screaming and pulling out hair -NT - (bepatient)
         Re: Die, Norman! Die! - (deSitter) - (3)
             ICLRPD (new thread) - (jake123)
             You may have a point - (orion) - (1)
                 Re: You may have a point - (deSitter)

Satire is now officially dead. It died from laughing too hard and choking on its own vomit.
65 ms