IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New !?!? LOL--We need an impartial commentator :D
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly by the chain of their own ideas;...despair and time eat away the bonds of iron and steel, but they are powerless against the habitual union of ideas, they can only tighten it still more; and on the soft fibres of the brain is founded the unshakable base of the soundest of Empires."

Jacques Servan, 1767
New It has been played by better than wharris
OTOH so has the grob. :-)

But still it is a opening with some good points. The position is solid with nothing obviously wrong. You quickly leave the tactical opening traps of the Sicilian, which wharris undoubtably knows very well.

Of course it is not as strong as the traditional variations. Unorthodox openings tend to be unorthodox for a reason. And somehow I doubt that wharris will have trouble with it.

But it isn't a horrible mistake either.

Cheers,
Ben
New But I'm sure it's been played by far worse, too... ^_^'
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
New No worse than Kasparov vs. Deeper Blue
Kasparov deliberately played some peculiar openings to get out of Deeper Blue's opening book, for the most part with success. (The main reason he lost that match was because he resigned the first game in a drawn position and played a "standard" opening in the 6th. :=)
"Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it."
-- Donald Knuth
     Thane versus... - (inthane-chan) - (73)
         Re: Thane versus... - (wharris2) - (37)
             Re: Thane versus wharris2 - (inthane-chan) - (36)
                 Kibitz, kibitz, kibitz... - (ben_tilly)
                 Noncommital move - (wharris2) - (34)
                     Somehow, I might be in a spot of trouble... - (inthane-chan) - (29)
                         Re: Somehow, I might be in a spot of trouble... - (wharris2) - (28)
                             Re: Somehow, I might be in a spot of trouble... - (inthane-chan) - (27)
                                 Re: Somehow, I might be in a spot of trouble... - (wharris2) - (26)
                                     Blech - (inthane-chan) - (25)
                                         Move 5 - (wharris2) - (24)
                                             Re: Move 5 - (inthane-chan) - (23)
                                                 Re: Move 5 - (wharris2) - (22)
                                                     Move 7 - (inthane-chan) - (21)
                                                         Re: Move 7 - (wharris2) - (20)
                                                             Move 8 - (inthane-chan) - (19)
                                                                 Re: Move 8 - (wharris2) - (18)
                                                                     Move 9 - (inthane-chan) - (17)
                                                                         Re: Move 9 (and a minor dang) - (wharris2) - (16)
                                                                             Move 10 - (inthane-chan) - (15)
                                                                                 Re: Move 10 - (wharris2) - (14)
                                                                                     Move 11 - (inthane-chan) - (13)
                                                                                         Move 11b - (wharris2) - (12)
                                                                                             Move 12 - (inthane-chan) - (11)
                                                                                                 Re: Move 12 - (wharris2) - (10)
                                                                                                     Move 13 - (inthane-chan) - (9)
                                                                                                         Re: Move 13 (hook, line, sinker) - (wharris2) - (8)
                                                                                                             Move 14 (I don't get it.) - (inthane-chan) - (7)
                                                                                                                 Re: Move 14 (Nothing super-secret) - (wharris2) - (6)
                                                                                                                     Move 15 - (inthane-chan) - (5)
                                                                                                                         Re: Move 15 - (wharris2) - (4)
                                                                                                                             Move 16 - (inthane-chan) - (3)
                                                                                                                                 Re: Move 16 - (wharris2) - (2)
                                                                                                                                     Move 17: More from the book of "Duh!" - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                                                                                                                                         Re: Move 17: More from the book of "Duh!" - (wharris2)
                     !?!? LOL--We need an impartial commentator :D -NT - (tseliot) - (3)
                         It has been played by better than wharris - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                             But I'm sure it's been played by far worse, too... ^_^' -NT - (inthane-chan)
                             No worse than Kasparov vs. Deeper Blue - (wharris2)
         Thane versus... THE WORLD! - (tseliot) - (34)
             Re: Thane versus... THE WORLD! - (inthane-chan) - (33)
                 Well, DUH! - (tseliot) - (32)
                     Take off - (pwhysall)
                     lol - (inthane-chan) - (30)
                         Ah, Tarrasch... - (tseliot) - (29)
                             Chiding - (wharris2) - (1)
                                 Nah. Not after the comment about multiply branching games :) -NT - (tseliot)
                             On second thought - (wharris2)
                             Hope I remember this... - (inthane-chan) - (25)
                                 Remember...? Been a while? - (tseliot) - (24)
                                     Re: Remember...? Been a while? - (inthane-chan) - (23)
                                         Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: - (tseliot) - (22)
                                             Foobie - (inthane-chan) - (21)
                                                 Slash and burn - (tseliot) - (20)
                                                     I know exactly what you mean. - (inthane-chan) - (19)
                                                         Or is that "burn, baby, burn"? - (tseliot) - (18)
                                                             Disco Inferno! - (inthane-chan) - (17)
                                                                 Door's open, c'mon in! - (tseliot) - (16)
                                                                     "No I can't go out to play..." - (inthane-chan) - (15)
                                                                         Yeah that is odd, puttin all your defense on White like that - (tseliot) - (14)
                                                                             Guess I wasn't clear enough. - (inthane-chan) - (13)
                                                                                 Yer makin me do things I dont want to do :( - (tseliot) - (12)
                                                                                     No, really? - (inthane-chan) - (11)
                                                                                         I got impatient, it seems. Hard to do this at work. :) - (tseliot) - (10)
                                                                                             I know, I know. - (inthane-chan) - (9)
                                                                                                 You'll like this one - (tseliot) - (8)
                                                                                                     Two branches of play. - (inthane-chan)
                                                                                                     Secondary branch - (inthane-chan)
                                                                                                     Sorry, thane. Long cpl of days. I'll come back in a day or 2 -NT - (tseliot) - (5)
                                                                                                         No probs. - (inthane-chan) - (4)
                                                                                                             Re: No probs. - (wharris2)
                                                                                                             Gonna hafta concede. - (tseliot) - (2)
                                                                                                                 Heh. - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                                                                                                                     Region - (tseliot)

Three cheers for literacy... I feel sick.
320 ms