IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Get yerself a spine, tell the old bitch to make her mind up:
She can either have a human family, or be the queen-bitch of a dog-pack, but not both.

Better yet, call John to the computer and have him read this: YOU better get yourself a spine and tell the old bitch to make her mind up, Johnny-boy.

Sheeesh... These things are so simple and fucking OBVIOUS; why do you even have to ask?!?

(Note for the linguistically-impaired: That was a rhetorical question. (Second note, for the vocabulary-challenged: That means you're not supposed to answer it.))

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad]
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
Resident [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=119792|zIWETHEY pilkunnussija]
New Trying to use tact
Re: Get yerself a spine, tell the old bitch to make her mind. She can either have a human family, or be the queen-bitch of a dog-pack, but not both.

Well the biggest problem there is 90% of the time it's just her and her husband. I somehow suspect the dogs ARE their family for the most part.

Better yet, call John to the computer and have him read this: YOU better get yourself a spine and tell the old bitch to make her mind up, Johnny-boy.

He already got a spine enough to tell her we weren't spending the night Christmas Eve. We want to tell her how we feel, but we are trying to do it in some sort of more diplomatic way so that family relations are not destroyed.

And even though your question was rhetorical, I was not really asking when I first came in here.... mostly I was ranting. And I'm basically musing to myself the best way to handle it.

I love the squirtgun suggestion. ;)

Nightowl >8#

"I love the sound of CNN in the morning! Even if it is only temporary!" -- Temporary Owl thought while in New Mexico.
New Don't sugar-coat it, the truth can help and hurt
You see because you are trying to sugar-coat it, they may not get the message. Be direct and tell them the truth, tell them how you felt when the dogs came out, and ask them if they could put the dogs in another building during your next visit. I am sure that they will understand, if not then they are not good inlaws because they value dogs over family. A dog is a pet, not a family member. If the pet gets out of line, you have to control them, if they bother the guests or family members, you have to put them away somewhere. It is the responsibility of owning pets to control them.

Would you put your bird in a cage and throw a blanket over it, if it kept pecking at your mother-in-law's face and eyes? Of course you would. Same deal here.

"Lady I only speak two languages, English and Bad English!" - Corbin Dallas "The Fifth Element"

New Re: Don't sugar-coat it, the truth can help and hurt
You see because you are trying to sugar-coat it, they may not get the message. Be direct and tell them the truth, tell them how you felt when the dogs came out, and ask them if they could put the dogs in another building during your next visit. I am sure that they will understand, if not then they are not good inlaws because they value dogs over family. A dog is a pet, not a family member. If the pet gets out of line, you have to control them, if they bother the guests or family members, you have to put them away somewhere. It is the responsibility of owning pets to control them.

I'm not really trying to "sugar-coat" it, just say it with tact. Rather than say, for example, "It smells really bad staying there with all those dogs, and there is hair everywhere" I would like to try and say, "The scent of dog is rather overwhelming and the hair gets on everything and I think it makes me sneeze."

That's an example.

As for putting them in another building, it really won't work, bottom line is I don't want to "stay" there anymore. Visit, yes, but not stay. And when we visit, i would like them controlled a little more, as in rounded up so we can get out of the car safely, and into the house FIRST, then if they have to be let out, we aren't trying to go in and out of doors, which seems to make them nuts.

And I would really like them to provide some sort of lighting, even if it's a flashlight, (ours was in the car, and thus useless because we didn't think to take it out of the car and into the house,) to get us in and out where we don't step in stuff or be unable to see.

There are things they could do to make it a better visit, but I don't know how willing they would be. Like maybe putting them all outside during dinner, even.

Don't worry, Norman, I will make sure she gets the message, trust me. Just with tact.

Would you put your bird in a cage and throw a blanket over it, if it kept pecking at your mother-in-law's face and eyes? Of course you would. Same deal here.

Yeah only big difference is my birdie is easier to catch and cage than 14 loose running romping dogs. But yeah, same deal in some ways.

Nightowl >8#
"I love the sound of CNN in the morning! Even if it is only temporary!" -- Temporary Owl thought while in New Mexico.
New Classic Cyclic
(Note for the linguistically-impaired: That was a rhetorical question. (Second note, for the vocabulary-challenged: That means you're not supposed to answer it.))

You are at home in this forum, aren't you?
jb4
shrub\ufffdbish (Am., from shrub + rubbish, after the derisive name for America's 43 president; 2003) n. 1. a form of nonsensical political doubletalk wherein the speaker attempts to defend the indefensible by lying, obfuscation, or otherwise misstating that facts; GIBBERISH. 2. any of a collection of utterances from America's putative 43rd president. cf. BULLSHIT
New You betcher scrawny li'l ass I am, muthafucka!
New Oh yeah? What do YOU know about my ass?!?
jb4
shrub\ufffdbish (Am., from shrub + rubbish, after the derisive name for America's 43 president; 2003) n. 1. a form of nonsensical political doubletalk wherein the speaker attempts to defend the indefensible by lying, obfuscation, or otherwise misstating that facts; GIBBERISH. 2. any of a collection of utterances from America's putative 43rd president. cf. BULLSHIT
New It's *bound* to be scrawny, because I DO know...
...that you're fucking _O_L_D_ as Methuselah, "mr Burns"!

Sheesh... What's with all these people recently, asking questions where the answer is fucking obvious...?

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad]
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
Resident [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=119792|zIWETHEY pilkunnussija]
New Methuselah?!?
I dated her once. People kept warning me about "jail-bait"...but I didn't care!

(Had to wear sunglasses, tho...)
jb4
New "Her" ?!? Needed glasses already then, didja...?
[Edit: Fixed typo in "Subject:" line.]

[[P.S (Note for DrooK): I think I found a legitimate use for this trick.]]
Expand Edited by CRConrad Dec. 30, 2003, 01:57:13 PM EST
New ICLRPD
jb4
     Too many FUCKING DOGS! - (Nightowl) - (32)
         Who needs even one dog. - (Andrew Grygus)
         Re: Too many FUCKING DOGS! - (deSitter)
         Arf! shoulda kicked a few dog asses, they'd leave ya alone -NT - (boxley) - (15)
             Would have tried... - (Nightowl) - (14)
                 Next time, bring an "Airhorn" - (orion) - (13)
                     Ah, that's one of the things worrying me - (Nightowl) - (12)
                         simple solution to dog packs, squirt gun - (boxley) - (4)
                             When did you get so soft? - (drewk) - (3)
                                 I've heard ammonia works too! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                                 14 dogs is a lot of beer - (boxley)
                                 Also, works a lot better for us guys than (Night-)chicks... -NT - (CRConrad)
                         You could claim an allergy to dogs. - (a6l6e6x) - (6)
                             So, was that an intentional test... - (CRConrad) - (2)
                                 Hah, a perfectionist pilkunnussija indeed! :) -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                                 Sorry, too busy drinking -NT - (pwhysall)
                             Re: You could claim an allergy to dogs. - (Nightowl) - (2)
                                 You could try being honest with her - (orion) - (1)
                                     Re: You could try being honest with her - (Nightowl)
         Some laws have a limit on the dogs you can own - (orion) - (2)
             Re: Some laws have a limit on the dogs you can own - (Nightowl)
             anyplace that has a limit on how many dogs you can own - (boxley)
         Get yerself a spine, tell the old bitch to make her mind up: - (CRConrad) - (10)
             Trying to use tact - (Nightowl) - (2)
                 Don't sugar-coat it, the truth can help and hurt - (orion) - (1)
                     Re: Don't sugar-coat it, the truth can help and hurt - (Nightowl)
             Classic Cyclic - (jb4) - (5)
                 You betcher scrawny li'l ass I am, muthafucka! -NT - (CRConrad) - (4)
                     Oh yeah? What do YOU know about my ass?!? -NT - (jb4) - (3)
                         It's *bound* to be scrawny, because I DO know... - (CRConrad) - (2)
                             Methuselah?!? - (jb4) - (1)
                                 "Her" ?!? Needed glasses already then, didja...? -NT - (CRConrad)
             ICLRPD - (jb4)

tilly remembers how to smell.
73 ms