IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Yeah but that doesn't mean I have to fucking like it...
That process is draining the life out of me. Gah it's so frustrating. I'm a professional damnit!!! I don't need all these asinine rules and bullshit!! They're going to eventually lose their best Sun person in the group. It's coming, it's coming... Everyone grumbles about the process here. It's pure lunacy. I have to go install some systems in the production environment that are standalone, they don't even have network drops yet and there was a kerfuffle about it and I had to jump through various hoops, many of which I had no idea existed. Ridiculous! That's just the tip of the iceberg. The odds of me working for a big company again are slim. There isn't even job security anymore with big companies.

Take your "at least you've got a job" and cram it! Just wait until the market picks up a bit more and they're going to lose a lot of people...
lister
New frustrating may be assholic but necessary
I work in comms, the other day the oracle goobers made a change, the process folks approved it. They installed the change, the fucking app gagged. This is a crucial part of wireless service and us support folks had to find out that the app was circling the drain because of a fucking trivial db change. Well if trivial means moving the fucking directories it would have been nice to know in advance. Process sux when non techs drive it. It rocks when people with a clue have sign off.
thanx,
bill
"You're just like me streak. You never left the free-fire zone.You think aspirins and meetings and cold showers are going to clean out your head. What you want is God's permission to paint the trees with the bad guys. That wont happen big mon." Clete
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New Oh I understand it's necessary with production systems
Not quite to the level we do, but it is necessary. But I don't deal with production stuff. I deal with pre-production systems. I start from the bare metal, go from there and hand off to the support folks later. However many of these production and test environment rules and processes still apply to me when they shouldn't. All these processes are so kneejerk when problems come up that no thought is applied to how they affect non-production people. In many cases the answer isn't more process but to understand what happened and to discipline the person who screwed up.
lister
     Death to all process people! - (lister) - (8)
         Hope that you feel better - (Ashton) - (1)
             No not really - (lister)
         WTF?? - (deSitter) - (5)
             actually he has an old ugly broad on his money -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                 The ugly broad is only on the coins - (lister)
             Yeah but that doesn't mean I have to fucking like it... - (lister) - (2)
                 frustrating may be assholic but necessary - (boxley) - (1)
                     Oh I understand it's necessary with production systems - (lister)

Brought to you by the Tennessee Valley Authority!
76 ms