IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Amazing...
I haven't really thought about this much.

I've been so focused in my plebian work world of 12 hour days and worrying about work and stuff, that I probably haven't talked about or studied politics (other than current events), especially the history stuff, in 17 years.

When I was in college. I know when I get some time, I need to read more. I've always been interested in Wilson, Grant, Lincoln, Washington, Teddy R., and even Kennedy.

But, even in college, we got little more than a very light treatment of their administrations. But, then again, I wasn't a history major either. I was attempting to balance books and compute present values, instead.

I'm also interested in your views on some more "modern" presidents.

Ford, who like Johnson, had to come in at a very tough time.
Carter, who I think is a wonderful man, but was too soft to be a president.
Truman, who had the difficult job of ending WWII.
Rosevelt, who got us out of the Great Depression, and gave everyone some dignity back.

The other thing I'm interested in, is how much the railroads of the 1800's manipulated the government to get tracks built, in the same way telecom, internet companies, software companies, etc. are attempting to manipulate the goverment of this time to create the next generation of monopolies.

Glen Austin
New Not to keep on beating a dead horse but....
The other thing I'm interested in, is how much the railroads of the 1800's manipulated the government to get tracks built, in the same way telecom, internet companies, software companies, etc. are attempting to manipulate the goverment of this time to create the next generation of monopolies.

Guess what [link|http://www.wealthanddemocracy.com/|Wealth and Democracy] talks about in some detail? :-)

Cheers,
Ben
"good ideas and bad code build communities, the other three combinations do not"
- [link|http://archives.real-time.com/pipermail/cocoon-devel/2000-October/003023.html|Stefano Mazzocchi]
New On my Christmas List
I tried to see if I could find a copy at 1/2 price books, but they don't have a "current affairs" section, where I found it in B&N.

But, there are some other books I probably need to read more, like "The Five Love Languages" by Gary Chapman and "The Man God Uses" by Blackaby.

Just finished "The Purpose Driven Life" by Rick Warren.

But I digress, and if I speak too much of these books, this post will end up in "religion".

Glen Austin
New You wanna know about these things?
[link|http://www.cnri.reston.va.us/series.html|Start here]

These papers were hugely popular with the dot com guys as they struggled with the creation of the next generation infrastructure.
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New damn I wish I could bookmark this post (new thread)
Created as new thread #127282 titled [link|/forums/render/content/show?contentid=127282|damn I wish I could bookmark this post]
-drl
     The Worst President in American History? - (inthane-chan) - (22)
         Worse than Taft? Shocking! -NT - (orion)
         Until now, Andrew Johnson - (deSitter) - (15)
             Andrew Jackson is on the $20 bill? - (orion) - (2)
                 He gets better looking on each new 20 - (deSitter) - (1)
                     They must be giving him facelifts for each new bill - (orion)
             LBJ got the Civil Rights Act passed - (ChrisR) - (4)
                 Civil Rights was Bobby Kennedy - (deSitter) - (3)
                     Unfortunately I don't have time - (ChrisR) - (1)
                         Great! Don't waste a vacation by all means -NT - (deSitter)
                     LBJ and Bobby Kenedy and JFK - (orion)
             I'm amazed - (tuberculosis) - (4)
                 All a show - (deSitter) - (3)
                     Can't be - he wrote something like 30 books - (tuberculosis) - (2)
                         A Contemporary Portrait - (deSitter) - (1)
                             No Facts - (tuberculosis)
             Re: Until now, Andrew Johnson - (deSitter)
             Dam different list than mine - (boxley)
         Amazing... - (gdaustin) - (4)
             Not to keep on beating a dead horse but.... - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                 On my Christmas List - (gdaustin)
             You wanna know about these things? - (bepatient) - (1)
                 damn I wish I could bookmark this post (new thread) - (deSitter)

Perhaps if we built this large wooden badger...
74 ms