IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Take 2
On reflection.. having now read all the posts instead of just 90%

This is an utterly smarmy apologia for the massive mob overreaction to a simple trial feature, followed by mob-pile-on with full ad hominems -- maybe the worst (and least tenable) by one who doesn't even post on IWE! Yep, had he just consulted everyone at all times before ever trying anything.. No technical 'clarification' can justify the petulant BS I just reread.

Rob's Position of Having No Position Except the Imaginary-mob's - is in same petulant spirit as your post. Nobody Asked 'The List'. A handful of Avengers pretended to Be The List.

I don't think you've pondered for a second, the resource you and a handful have rushed to jettison for Bad Boy misbehaviour: an event completely without any lasting consequences for The. List. or for any of the legions of silent members supposedly On The List. And that List is not zIWE. But we are going to lose Karsten because of the small overlap who joined in the massacre.

One thing I'll bet: you won't be taking up the slack in either technical writing or TWiki housekeeping - now vacated. And those who know many Debian intricacies - won't be explaining those quite as well, or with nearly as complete refs.

And I know some other things I'll miss, along with Karsten's presence. One is respect.. something no mob has ever deserved.

I also note that these punctilious Enforcement Procedures were commited without my vote being sought, and I've seen that sort of 'dialogue' only on schoolyards when the teacher was absent: 'democracy' my ass. Lord of the Flies. I'll repeat -

IT Eats Its Own

unless they conform to the opinions of the loudest.

Ashton
I come from experimental physics; a different attitude there towards Trying Things. The significant difference now chafes more than usually, as I discern the extent of 'procedural regimentation' many of you folk must get from 24/7 list sorting and perhaps - biz hierarchy ?? Maybe after a while - those artificial titles begin to seem to mean something.
New You know,,,
I may miss these resources...but will maintain that this is an over-reaction on his part to something he should have expected and could have easily avoided. (indeed was given the opportunity to avoid by using iwethey@iwethey.org).

Yes...it is an extremely minor...nearly trivial act that started this.

Not the point.

The point is he was asked not to do it. And when those same people became upset >again< (dood...we asked you knot to do that!!) he decided to over-react and now leave. (If I can't do what I want, I ain't playing anymore).

Quite simply...I like Karsten....I will miss Karsten....but if Karsten wants to act like a spurned child...thats his prerogative and I'm certain that I will not be able to change his mind about it.
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New Over-react? Act childish?
You sure your still talking about Karsten?

The whole mess was dissapointing and I'll be unsubscribing from the list as soon as possible. Autocrats who yell "It's a democracy" are the worst sort of hypocrits.
-----------------------------------------
It is much harder to be a liberal than a conservative. Why?
Because it is easier to give someone the finger than it is to give them a helping hand.
Mike Royko
New Language is imperfect.
There were overreactions on both sides. The discussion probably should have ended after the 2nd exchange from each participant, but it didn't.

The principals (Rob, Peter, and Karsten) were each trying to do what they thought was ultimately best for the list, but there was insufficient communication before hand.

I hope you'll stick around, Don.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Not leaving
Just dropping membership in the list. I never post to it and the only reason I'm still on it is laziness. I don't want to see that kind of crap again though, so I'll be removing myself as soon as I find the link to do so.

Fucking worse than spam.
-----------------------------------------
It is much harder to be a liberal than a conservative. Why?
Because it is easier to give someone the finger than it is to give them a helping hand.
Mike Royko
New To counter slightly
Yes, indeed, I still maintain that Karsten is over-reacting.

I also maintain that main reason for it is obstinance...but K is not necessarily the source of that.

But again, my statement above appears to be a misrepresentation...as it was not directly asked of Karsten...only offered as a suggestion...and so, as in the other area offer an apology for this misrepresentation.
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
     Site registrations - (kmself) - (9)
         My $0.02. - (Another Scott)
         I have no argument with your intent. - (bepatient) - (7)
             Frightfully logical - (Ashton)
             Take 2 - (Ashton) - (5)
                 You know,,, - (bepatient) - (4)
                     Over-react? Act childish? - (Silverlock) - (3)
                         Language is imperfect. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                             Not leaving - (Silverlock)
                         To counter slightly - (bepatient)

Then again you wonder how certain people sign their names to anything and still choose to leave the house.
62 ms