IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: The only way I'd go for this...
...is if you included ALL personal transactions (including stock purchases, business purchases, etc) under the national sales tax.

Part of the point being, you don't *need* to at that point.

The sales tax, being uniform, gets you when you *spend* money. The more you spend, the more you're taxed.

Remember, stock purchases and such are ways to make money, just like you sitting at work today (I presume you are).

*How* you make it under a sales tax is irrelevant. Its when you spend it that its picked up.

And one of the best benefits of it - is instead of having to deal with every single person filing income taxes, now you're dealing only with the sales taxes of the businesses - which are (relatively) easier to audit - and a *lot* less of them.

I got more enamored of a sales tax after I opened a business, and believe me, S.C. is *damnned* serious about collecting. :)

Addison
New So if you SELL a stock...
...must you then collect (and, eventually distribute to the gov't) National Sales Tax (NST) from the entity that buys your shares?

How 'bout that used car?

Or Software consulting services?

Or barter?

To quote John Lennon in Yellow Submarine: "It sounds like it needs rehearsal."
jb4
(Resistance is not futile...)
New I don't think so.
must you then collect (and, eventually distribute to the gov't) National Sales Tax (NST) from the entity that buys your shares?

I wouldn't think so.

How 'bout that used car?

Again, I wouldn't think so - tax was already paid on it. You'll be paying sales tax on the fuel, oil, and parts for said car.

Or Software consulting services?

Harder question, but it its true services, no different than what's now.

Or barter?

Nope. Just like now. But you'll have paid the tax on whatever you bought to barter with, or the raw materials (in most cases).

The other cases are going to be limited enough that I don't think right now its a concern.

Addison
New Sales tax on used cars
Don't know about other states, but Illinois requires the seller to collect sales tax on a used car.
For every human problem, there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong
H. L. Mencken, Mencken's Metalaw
New Re: Sales tax on used cars
Yes, I know sometimes that's required.

In my system, I wouldn't (double taxation). Tax on the people buying from dealers (and used cars from dealers would be subject to taxation, I suppose).

Doesn't change things all that significantly. Alternative: buyer pays ST when the car's registration changes. No need for adding new levels of bureaucracy that way.

Addison
     Let's hype the Internet sales tax revenue loss some more - (wharris2) - (56)
         Sales Tax - (jbrabeck) - (55)
             Which is why it's time to scrap the sales tax. - (inthane-chan) - (54)
                 Acceptable if . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (53)
                     Yeah, that's what I was suggesting. - (inthane-chan) - (52)
                         Flat tax, negative income tax - (wharris2) - (51)
                             How about scrap income tax altogether - (Fearless Freep) - (50)
                                 Re: How about scrap income tax altogether - (wharris2) - (8)
                                     Re: How about scrap income tax altogether - (Fearless Freep) - (7)
                                         Doesn't matter - (wharris2) - (4)
                                             Yeah... - (Fearless Freep) - (3)
                                                 Depends on how you look at the numbers... - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                     Re: Depends on how you look at the numbers... - (Fearless Freep)
                                                 Re: Yeah... - (wharris2)
                                         No. - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                             Impossible... - (Fearless Freep)
                                 The only way I'd go for this... - (inthane-chan) - (40)
                                     Umm... - (Fearless Freep) - (1)
                                         Well then... - (inthane-chan)
                                     Don't get yourself in debt... - (admin) - (32)
                                         Yeah, I know there's more to it than that... - (inthane-chan) - (18)
                                             Which net? - (Fearless Freep) - (17)
                                                 Doesn't work for everybody. - (inthane-chan) - (16)
                                                     Re: Doesn't work for everybody. - (Fearless Freep) - (15)
                                                         So how would you fix it? -NT - (inthane-chan) - (14)
                                                             I wouldn't - (Fearless Freep) - (12)
                                                                 You're only looking at the bad. - (addison) - (2)
                                                                     Re: You're only looking at the bad. - (Fearless Freep) - (1)
                                                                         Re: You're only looking at the bad. - (addison)
                                                                 And life was better a hundred years ago? - (ben_tilly)
                                                                 Wow, how *impressively* wrong you can be! - (CRConrad) - (7)
                                                                     Jerico. - (a6l6e6x)
                                                                     Cackle.. glorp - (Ashton) - (5)
                                                                         Belladonna? Uhm... Thanks - I think! :-) -NT - (CRConrad) - (4)
                                                                             belladona dilates the pupils (eye-opener) -NT - (boxley) - (3)
                                                                                 3 ears and a tail.. - (Ashton)
                                                                                 There's such a thing as being too open-eyed. - (marlowe) - (1)
                                                                                     Actually, I was thinking (and "thank?"ing Ashton for)... - (CRConrad)
                                                             Clarification - (Fearless Freep)
                                         Yup - (Fearless Freep) - (2)
                                             Been there - (tuberculosis)
                                             Escrow companies for contractors. - (inthane-chan)
                                         Re: Don't get yourself in debt... - (jbrabeck) - (9)
                                             Sorry To Hear That - (deSitter) - (8)
                                                 Very Important. - (imric) - (7)
                                                     Thanks - we finally have a diagnosis - (jbrabeck) - (6)
                                                         I'm with you, buddy - (jb4) - (2)
                                                             Please email me direct. - (jbrabeck) - (1)
                                                                 10-4...write you this weekend - (jb4)
                                                         I will. -NT - (imric)
                                                         One more... - (inthane-chan)
                                                         You have my support - (Silverlock)
                                     Re: The only way I'd go for this... - (addison) - (4)
                                         So if you SELL a stock... - (jb4) - (3)
                                             I don't think so. - (addison) - (2)
                                                 Sales tax on used cars - (Silverlock) - (1)
                                                     Re: Sales tax on used cars - (addison)

I used to work for them, I recognize the pictures. They ran the law firm I was employed at.
82 ms