IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Paid your "dos", haveya, BOx...? (=Learn to fucking SPELL!)
No, of course you haven't -- it's *dues* one pays. (Which is spelt D-U-E.)

Like something is *due* at a certain time on a certain day. (Also spelt D-U-E.)

Or something is *due* to some reason . (Which is *still* spelt D-U-E.)

Like transactions failing, DUE to "65% fat fingers", for example.

For an apparently intelligent and non-dyslexic (? AFAIK) man, you sure seem to spend EXCRUCIATINGLY little attention to your language -- and as a consequence, MANGLING it execrably.

Stop that, *please*!

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad]
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
Resident [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=119792|zIWETHEY pilkunnussija]
Expand Edited by CRConrad Oct. 30, 2003, 04:48:26 PM EST
New Is it me or our Language Watchdog slipped?
"you sure seem to spend EXCRUCIATINGLY little attention to your language"

spend attention on?

pay attention to?

Of course, the irony of two non-native speakers talking about this is not lost on me. Not at all.
--

The rich, as usual, are employing the elected.
-- [link|http://unfit2print.blogspot.com/|http://unfit2print.blogspot.com/]
New Aaargh! You're prefectly right, of course. :-(
I could edit to correct it, but WTF, I'll let it stand -- partly because it's no biggie, partly because I wouldn't want to be seen as trying to cover up (impossible anyway, with the edit history available), and partly so as not to create an unneccesary LRPD that people (i.e, compulsive LRPDists like me :-) would feel they had to click and check out.

(And, hey, what irony? We gotta keep these stupid natives up to snuff, you and me, you know... :-)

Resident [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=119792|zIWETHEY pilkunnussija]
New hAve a beneficent theory
that maybe in Box'z yout, undercover n'all.. he may have had to pretend often to be from the er Saltmines of the Earth, maybe of the denser sort. (And had to send back reports at 300 baud from a hand-crank phone.)

(But then, we all know he can be nuanced as hell - after a bit of beneficent naggin from us'ns.. But I'd still bet he HATES doin them Curriculum Vite-yeay things ;-)

Carri On
New do, averb eg: fat fingers do
this is gramatical boucherey up wid which i shall not put.
Union Stewedard
IWETHEY local 1 FLA unit
thanx.
bill

"You're just like me streak. You never left the free-fire zone.You think aspirins and meetings and cold showers are going to clean out your head. What you want is God's permission to paint the trees with the bad guys. That wont happen big mon." Clete
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New Bullshit! You wrote, "consequence 'do' to reason".
If you'd really meant DO, the verb, then you'd have written "...transactions fail; in 65 % of the cases, because of what user's fat fingers do...", or something like that. With the word "do" _after_ the "fat fingers", not between the consequence (transactions fail) and the reason (fat fingers).

But you didn't; you wrote: "transactions fail 65% 'do' to fat fingers", with "do" *between* the consequence and the reason -- the EXACT structure you'd also use in the correct sentence (fragment), "transactions fail, 65 % due to fat fingers".

So FERFUCKSSAKE, don't try to *weasel* your way out like that! Sheesh, man -- it's one thing to be sloppy with language (and that's bad enough), but not to stand up for it like a man...? I certainly thought better than *that* of you!

New I wasnt weaseling, I was dumping in yer punchbowl
Of course I meant due, not do, but I wtyping as quickly with 2 fingers as my thoughts tumbled out. It was not a post that was spell. check rethought and rewrote brfore send because if I did that it wouldnt be a conversation, at least at my end.
thanx,
bill
"You're just like me streak. You never left the free-fire zone.You think aspirins and meetings and cold showers are going to clean out your head. What you want is God's permission to paint the trees with the bad guys. That wont happen big mon." Clete
New We won't mind.
Generally a conversation is real time. What we do here is best described as a delayed response conversation. You are allowed to rapidly type your thoughts and then clean up the spelling.

'[', '4' and '3' are just some of the characters (def. 11 [link|http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=characters%20|Dictionary.com]) I edited from the above post before submitting.

/pedant
-----------------------------------------
It is much harder to be a liberal than a conservative. Why?
Because it is easier to give someone the finger than it is to give them a helping hand.
Mike Royko
New is ped any relation to adam? :-)
     Paid your "dos", haveya, BOx...? (=Learn to fucking SPELL!) - (CRConrad) - (8)
         Is it me or our Language Watchdog slipped? - (Arkadiy) - (1)
             Aaargh! You're prefectly right, of course. :-( - (CRConrad)
         hAve a beneficent theory - (Ashton)
         do, averb eg: fat fingers do - (boxley) - (4)
             Bullshit! You wrote, "consequence 'do' to reason". - (CRConrad) - (3)
                 I wasnt weaseling, I was dumping in yer punchbowl - (boxley) - (2)
                     We won't mind. - (Silverlock) - (1)
                         is ped any relation to adam? :-) -NT - (boxley)

It is a weapon of mass distraction to keep us away from the real issues at hand.
341 ms