IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I don't think that the lower cost is just a culture thing
I strongly suspect that a lot of it is the fact that the employer winds up in a very strong bargaining position with the employee. It's a case of, You do everything I say for whatever I say or you are kicked out of the country. Even if you are willing to be paid less, you aren't as easy to order around. (Of course the H1B workers are more likely to accept subpar wages.)

If the employers didn't have this bargaining advantage, I believe that employers would be less enthused about H1Bs.

Cheers,
Ben
"good ideas and bad code build communities, the other three combinations do not"
- [link|http://archives.real-time.com/pipermail/cocoon-devel/2000-October/003023.html|Stefano Mazzocchi]
New interesting point! never considered
-drl
New As with prostitution and slavery,
Aren't you just describing another degree? Clearly, what a Full-'Libertarian' Employer (unfettered by all those stupid humane laws and such) wants is:

ownership of the commodity bodies.

It's just bizness; what's wrong with that?
New Xactly. Human Resources, I want to OWN & USE them ALL!
bcnu,
Mikem

The soul and substance of what customarily ranks as patriotism is moral cowardice and always has been...We have thrown away the most valuable asset we had-- the individual's right to oppose both flag and country when he (just he, by himself) believed them to be in the wrong. We have thrown it away; and with it all that was really respectable about that grotesque and laughable word, Patriotism.

- Mark Twain, "Monarchical and Republican Patriotism"
     H1B Shortage - (ChrisR) - (17)
         Re: H1B Shortage - (deSitter) - (16)
             H1B Shortage is an oxymoron - (jb4) - (6)
                 That still doesn't stop - (orion) - (5)
                     True, but... - (jb4) - (2)
                         Shouldn't that be - (lincoln) - (1)
                             Uhhh...yeah...that's it...OVERESTIMATING...yeah...(blush!) -NT - (jb4)
                     I disagree with that argument - (tablizer) - (1)
                         I was speaking about the L1 Visa - (orion)
             Perpetuation of the status quo - (ChrisR)
             In his own words - (tuberculosis) - (7)
                 I wrote him a thank you note - (tuberculosis) - (6)
                     Good letter except - (jbrabeck) - (1)
                         Not in Colorado - (deSitter)
                     I don't think that the lower cost is just a culture thing - (ben_tilly) - (3)
                         interesting point! never considered -NT - (deSitter)
                         As with prostitution and slavery, - (Ashton) - (1)
                             Xactly. Human Resources, I want to OWN & USE them ALL! -NT - (mmoffitt)

public class Lrpdism implements GenericSaying
48 ms