This happened on Evia Airlines, a Chinese Airline we took to get to Thailand. Asked the Stewardess for a Coca Cola, she shook her head, asked her for a "Coke", she shook her head again. I took water instead. Later on she gave someone else a Cocla Cola. I would have asked for a Diet Coke, except I knew they usually don't have it. I thought maybe they called Coca Cola something else in China, I asked someone who spoke Chinese and English when I got back if there was a special Chinese word for Coca Cola, she said there wasn't. It certainly means something else then, like she didn't feel like giving me one, or only had a certain amount and didn't want to give them to an American passinger. Next time I fly that airline, I am taking soda with me on carry-on bags.

Airport in Taipei had no soda on it that we could find, until we went to a Resteraunt that sold Cocal Cola for $2USD a bottle. Machine used real US Dollar Bills. We had to stop in Taipei, was so thristy from eating Chinese food full of MSG, water just didn't cut it anymore. Over 18 hours on that ride, from LA to Taipei, had problems sleeping too.