IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: nah, I rather like the circlejerk in religion
take a course on ethics to continue to see a councillor(worthy cause) course is too dificult (of course since it was crap to begin with) showed an eminent take on situational ethics in practice. Neither party seemed to notice this fact. As far as being unable to cook food they are from Missouri, instant grits and fried whatever is the extent of the cuisine, being unalbe to buy prefried grits is a real problem but considering the obesity faced by the US having a large portion of the population being unable to microwave their grub will lift us out of the reccession and create jobs by the hiring done by mickey dee's and their ilk.

Hmmm you left a couple pieces out. ;)

Take a course on ethics to continue to see a counselor (worthy cause), to get ready to reenter the job market (even worthier cause), and the course was difficult and crap, both, and yes, I realize I was making an ethical decision to drop it, but also a personal one because it was stressful and gaining me nothing.

Obesity isn't a problem for me, I'm not even slightly fat, and I don't know much about missouri cuisine, it seems to be the same anywhere in any state I've been in, (eating, I mean), just buy something and fix it in the microwave, with exceptions like holiday dinners where family members cook for hours.

We mix cooking and eating out rather evenly, because my husband enjoys both.

But I don't see what any of this has to do with religion. :)

Nightowl >8#

"I learned to be the door, instead of the mat!" "illegitimi nil carborundum"

Comment by Nightowl
New Odd dichotomy, here
"I was making an ethical decision to drop it, but also a personal one because it was stressful and gaining me nothing."

Do you always separate ethical and personal?
--

OK, George W. is deceptive to be sure. Dissembling, too. And let's not forget deceitful. He is lacking veracity and frankness, and void of sooth, though seemingly sincere in his proclivity for pretense. But he did not lie.
[link|http://www.jointhebushwhackers.com/not_a_liar.cfm|Brian Wimer]
New Re: Odd dichotomy, here
Do you always separate ethical and personal?

Honestly? I don't know. I didn't even know they were related till the class, and I still wasn't getting all the connections.

By "ethical" I mean a wrong or right decision, and by "personal" I mean a decision I wanted to make.

So the ethical part decided if it was right or wrong to continue, and the personal decided I didn't want to.

Man... and I thought I got away from trying to figure this stuff out. ;)

Nightowl >8#

Comment by Nightowl
New Can't get away from learning,
only from teachers.

That's a very clear thinking, here. "Right vs. wrong" against "Want vs. don't want". Much trouble in the world comes from people who intentionally confuse the two oppositions.
--

OK, George W. is deceptive to be sure. Dissembling, too. And let's not forget deceitful. He is lacking veracity and frankness, and void of sooth, though seemingly sincere in his proclivity for pretense. But he did not lie.
[link|http://www.jointhebushwhackers.com/not_a_liar.cfm|Brian Wimer]
New Re: Can't get away from learning,
"Right vs. Wrong" I understand, "Want vs. Don't Want" is a bit shady to me. Maybe "Need vs. Don't Need" would be better, as in "Do I really need this?" because sometimes we want something but we don't really need it. We also want wealth, and too much material things can cause problems, so we should only get what we need, not what we want. Someone that goes with "Want vs. Don't Want" might max out their credit cards buying useless things that they don't need, etc. Want only seems to cause greed and lust and other bad emotions to surface and ruin good people.

"Lady I only speak two languages, English and Bad English!" - Corbin Dallas "The Fifth Element"

"Right vs. Wrong" I understand, "Want vs. Don't Want" is a bit shady to me. Maybe "Need vs. Don't Need" would be better, as in "Do I really need this?" because sometimes we want something but we don't really need it. We also want wealth, and too much material things can cause problems, so we should only get what we need, not what we want. Someone that goes with "Want vs. Don't Want" might max out their credit cards buying useless things that they don't need, etc. Want only seems to cause greed and lust and other bad emotions to surface and ruin good people.

Okay, let me clear it up.

By want Vs not want, I was not referring to a greed concept. I was not referring to buying things or not, although it can refer to that. I was referring to what *I* as a person wanted to do, "stay in the class or leave the class."

What I wanted to do was leave the class. Was it the right thing to do, was another decision to make, separate from the want. The want helped influence the decision, but had it been determined from the other information examined, that I SHOULD stay in the class, or it was the better thing to do for me, I would have disregarded that want and stayed in.

There are wants and needs. Wants are things that are gut feeling, or internal decisons. Needs are more basic, food, water, warmth, etc. There are things people want that they don't need, but they have to weigh those factors to decide whether they should act on the want.

I didn't need the class, I wasn't trying to get a grade, or further a degree, so there was no need or not need factor to consider, I never needed it to start with for anything other than seeing Ank, and that was not going to change by dropping it now.

The person that might go with want vs not want and max out their credit cards, is working only from the want concept, not factoring in the need or the ethical decision, or even the logical decision. I never said anyone should make any decision based on only one factor, always examine them all. :)

Nightowl >8#

Comment by Nightowl
only from teachers.

That's a very clear thinking, here. "Right vs. wrong" against "Want vs. don't want". Much trouble in the world comes from people who intentionally confuse the two oppositions.

Thanks. :) I'm smart enough to know that what I "want" isn't always right, so I make a point not to confuse the two. :)

Nightowl >8#

Comment by Nightowl
     Thread turned into a double-ditz whining / bragging feature. - (CRConrad) - (20)
         Re...turned into a double-ditz whining / bragging feature. - (Nightowl) - (10)
             "Re...turned into a double-ditz whining / bragging feature." - (CRConrad) - (9)
                 I have a brilliant idea! - (Nightowl) - (8)
                     Naw, that's just Christian. - (inthane-chan) - (6)
                         Re: Naw, that's just Christian. - (Nightowl) - (4)
                             Re: Naw, that's just Christian. - (orion) - (2)
                                 Re: Naw, that's just Christian. - (Nightowl)
                                 Re: Naw, that's just Christian. - (Nightowl)
                             Saint Christian the Baptist :) -NT - (Arkadiy)
                         That wasn't a flame - (ben_tilly)
                     Oh perish the thought - (orion)
         Gotta stop clicking twice. ;) - (Nightowl)
         nah, I rather like the circlejerk in religion - (boxley) - (7)
             Re: nah, I rather like the circlejerk in religion - (Nightowl) - (6)
                 Odd dichotomy, here - (Arkadiy) - (5)
                     Re: Odd dichotomy, here - (Nightowl) - (4)
                         Can't get away from learning, - (Arkadiy) - (3)
                             Re: Can't get away from learning, - (orion) - (1)
                                 Re: Can't get away from learning, - (Nightowl)
                             Re: Can't get away from learning, - (Nightowl)

This looks like the output of a Markov bot that's been fed bus timetables from a city where the buses crash constantly.
100 ms