IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Safely predicting the present :)
...I could even see a situation where you carry around all your computer work on a PDA, then "plug in" in one of the those standard cradles. Your certificate in the PDA would tie you in to the "net" (hopefully not .NET) and connect you with your work/home/whatever server. Your standard config is loaded on the PDA and you can work anywhere one of these cradles exists.

Yup. The "standard cradle" is called "WiFi". The "net" is called "the 'Net", and my standard config is already on the machine in my hand, thank you very much. Bugger roaming profiles when the hardware roams just fine.

I predict all the flap over T-Mobile-WiFi-in-Starbucks for $X/hr will go away (not tomorrow, but soon), as local coffee shops, bars, mass-transit facilities, city parks (and entire cities) put 'em up for free.
"There's a set of rules that anything that was in the world when you were born is normal and natural. Anything invented between when you were 15 and 35 is new and revolutionary and exciting, and you'll probably get a career in it. Anything invented after you're 35 is against the natural order of things."

Douglas Adams
New Or, failing Wi-Fi, Ethernet plug
--

OK, George W. is deceptive to be sure. Dissembling, too. And let's not forget deceitful. He is lacking veracity and frankness, and void of sooth, though seemingly sincere in his proclivity for pretense. But he did not lie.
[link|http://www.jointhebushwhackers.com/not_a_liar.cfm|Brian Wimer]
     Which reminds me - C++ is why our hardware sucks - (tuberculosis) - (15)
         Re: Which reminds me - C++ is why our hardware sucks - (deSitter)
         Wow! if I understand a fraction of the implications - (Ashton) - (10)
             There are pockets - (tuberculosis) - (9)
                 Maybe we need a half-way. - (static) - (1)
                     Wasn't that the original guiding force for Java? -NT - (jb4)
                 Sad reminder of Berman___[Twilight of American Culture] (new thread) - (Ashton)
                 Isn't that where we're going anyway???? - (gdaustin) - (5)
                     We're going nowhere - (tuberculosis) - (2)
                         Speaking as a youth-poisoning educator - (tjsinclair)
                         Thank you. That fits. - (Ashton)
                     Safely predicting the present :) - (FuManChu) - (1)
                         Or, failing Wi-Fi, Ethernet plug -NT - (Arkadiy)
         That reminds me... - (ben_tilly) - (1)
             Interesting - something to watch - thanks -NT - (tuberculosis)
         Been there, done that - (jb4)

Same thing we do every night, Pinky... try to take over the WORLD!
73 ms