IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Heh. Re: lying under oath.
At lunch today I stopped by a bookstore and saw Mike's new book "Dude, where is my country?" Read a page or two - was in a hurry and finances being what they are, I'll need to check it out at the library, assuming it's not on DHS's banned list.

One of the pages (I'm paraphrasing but in the book they were actual quotes) said:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SNIP
Which is the worst lie?

"I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Miss Lewinsky."

or
[this is what I recall of the quote - the actual quote is more embellished longer but of the same sentiment.]
"They have weapons of mass destruction. They are an eminent threat to the people of the United States."

One got a president impeached, the other got us into a war, resulted in thousands of deaths and virtually insured a re-election.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SNIP

Now, who is it that "really has to get it right"?
bcnu,
Mikem

The soul and substance of what customarily ranks as patriotism is moral cowardice and always has been...We have thrown away the most valuable asset we had-- the individual's right to oppose both flag and country when he (just he, by himself) believed them to be in the wrong. We have thrown it away; and with it all that was really respectable about that grotesque and laughable word, Patriotism.

- Mark Twain, "Monarchical and Republican Patriotism"
New Ahh...brilliant subject change.
And largely irrelevent, because even ranking democrats believed and still believe that Sadam had or was persuing these types of weapons.

If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New I thought the subject was lying.
I merely pointed out the consequential differences of the two lies.

Or, did I misread you? Didn't you say:

Emphasis Mine.
Impeding an investigation and lying under oath are what the critics said disqualified him from remaining in office.
bcnu,
Mikem

The soul and substance of what customarily ranks as patriotism is moral cowardice and always has been...We have thrown away the most valuable asset we had-- the individual's right to oppose both flag and country when he (just he, by himself) believed them to be in the wrong. We have thrown it away; and with it all that was really respectable about that grotesque and laughable word, Patriotism.

- Mark Twain, "Monarchical and Republican Patriotism"
     To all you Clinton bashers out there... - (lincoln) - (13)
         That Q will go unanswered, natch. Hypocrisy is always mute. -NT - (Ashton) - (1)
             We're not mute. You're deaf. - (marlowe)
         From the conservative pov, Arnold did the right thing. - (mmoffitt)
         You really have to get it right. - (bepatient) - (3)
             Heh. Re: lying under oath. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                 Ahh...brilliant subject change. - (bepatient) - (1)
                     I thought the subject was lying. - (mmoffitt)
         Who's letting who skate? - (marlowe) - (5)
             Re: Who's letting who skate? - (lincoln)
             So how come Shrub cut me a check from the 'phony' surplus? - (tuberculosis) - (2)
                 My understanding is that he didn't - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                     Not quite - (Arkadiy)
             Bustamante is still Loot Governor, recall wasnt about him -NT - (boxley)

Aim for the flattop!
47 ms