IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: suck it in.
Agree completely. Years ago Nick quoted me in his column of the print InfoWorld on this point. My contention was (and is) that people don't really care how well their computer systems work. That is what MSFT has always exploited. Personally, I think computer technology has been a net negative on society so I don't give a damn either. My rant below about J2EE is a consequence of my own view. I hate working with computers so I want to use the easiest ones I can.

So, I agree that everybody should just STFU. Who cares? How important is it? So your computer systems are compromised, so what? It's only data.
bcnu,
Mikem

The soul and substance of what customarily ranks as patriotism is moral cowardice and always has been...We have thrown away the most valuable asset we had-- the individual's right to oppose both flag and country when he (just he, by himself) believed them to be in the wrong. We have thrown it away; and with it all that was really respectable about that grotesque and laughable word, Patriotism.

- Mark Twain, "Monarchical and Republican Patriotism"
Collapse Edited by mmoffitt Oct. 9, 2003, 02:27:38 PM EDT
Re: suck it in.
Agree completely. Years ago Nick quoted me in his column of the print InfoWorld on this point. My contention was (and is) that people don't really care how well their computer systems work. That is what MSFT has always exploited. Personally, I think computer technology has been a net negative on society so I don't give a damn either. My rant below about J2EE is a consequence of my own view. I hate working with computers so I want to use the easiest ones I can.

So, I agree that everybody should just STFU. How cares? How important is it? So your computer systems are compromised, so what? It's only data.
bcnu,
Mikem

The soul and substance of what customarily ranks as patriotism is moral cowardice and always has been...We have thrown away the most valuable asset we had-- the individual's right to oppose both flag and country when he (just he, by himself) believed them to be in the wrong. We have thrown it away; and with it all that was really respectable about that grotesque and laughable word, Patriotism.

- Mark Twain, "Monarchical and Republican Patriotism"
     Developers gripe about IE standards inaction - (Steve Lowe) - (4)
         Re: suck it in. - (mmoffitt)
         Adobe could do a few practical things. - (static) - (2)
             If it's risk you want: "IE not supported" :) -NT - (Meerkat) - (1)
                 Heh. Yes, very risky. :-) -NT - (static)

You entered famous last wordsburg territory thinking along that line.
63 ms