IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Fucking stupid asshole Minnesotans should stick to mining...
...'cause they SUCK at manufacturing!!! :-(

You know that wallpaper I mentioned, that I put up about six months ago? And that redecorating project, painting the ceilings and stuff, they've got going here in our flat?

So what does the conscientious renter do, when there's a risk of paint dripping from the ceiling onto his wallpaper?

He masks it off, is what he does. Using masking tape and newspapers, the former holding up the latter, the latter adding (considerably) to the (puny) width of the former.

That's what MASKING tape is FOR, isn't it -- MASKING the stuff you want to protect?

One would think the MAKERS of said masking tape would realise this also involves said masking tape coming OFF after the painting is done, WITHOUT TAKING HALF THE STUFF IT WAS SUPPOSED TO *PROTECT* WITH IT!!! :-( :-(

And to think I was happy to have happened to by "Brand Name" tape. I mean, hey, these guys invented "Post-It"s; so one would have thought they're fucking EXPERTS at stuff that's supposed to peel off... Should'a fucking used "Post-It"s in stead; stolen a couple of entire *packages* of pads from work, or something.

Mathias' room only needs a few bits of paper here and there re-done; our bedroom, I'm thinking about re-papering in its entirety. :-(

Thank you sooo fucking much, 3M!

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad]
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
Resident [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=119792|zIWETHEY pilkunnussija]
New Did you use the low tack (generally Blue) or the . .
. . regular beige stuff intended for durable surfaces?
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New so our intrepid finn discovered that adhesives
and paper do not play well together? Did you read the instructions?
"Place materials used to mask against the object to be protected and place tape against material and ADJACENT wall, window or covering. Test item to be masked by placing a strip of tape in an unobtrusive area to test suitability." It's on the back of every package sold. Bummer about the damage though.
thanx,
bill
"You're just like me streak. You never left the free-fire zone.You think aspirins and meetings and cold showers are going to clean out your head. What you want is God's permission to paint the trees with the bad guys. That wont happen big mon." Clete
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New finn ??????????????????

You are being funny here aren't you ?????

Finns are generally friendly & tend towards polite but firm interaction.

Nup, you are confusing the effect of moving a visual descendant of Attila's huns to the brave and bold region of blonde powerful scandanavia.

DSM :-)

New You're just as fucking confused as the BOx, it seems.
Doug-man replies to the Ox:
You are being funny here aren't you ?????
Naah, he's just confused; he probably thought you were a HK Chinese for the last few years, too.

Finns are generally friendly & tend towards polite but firm interaction.
OTOH, that description fits me to a T!

What the fuck do you mean it doesn't, asshole!?! Wanna step outside and debate it?!?

Nup, you are confusing the effect of moving a visual descendant of Attila's huns to the brave and bold region of blonde powerful scandanavia.
Huh??? If anyone is anymore, Finns are probably related to Huns -- much more closely so than Germans, anyway! (That WWI-era British usage of "Huns" for "Germans" must have been a case of "let's pick a generally acknowledged Evil name for them, based on them being 'the bad guys' from our perspective, and situated East of us". The irony they missed is that the victims the *real* Huns used to be 'the bad guys' to, were... the Germans.)

And WTF is "visual descendant" supposed to mean?

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad]
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
Resident [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=119792|zIWETHEY pilkunnussija]
New Naw - but some advise

Don't lick the glue - them 3M folks put some really weird chemicals in it :-)

I suppose you're gonna assert that Hungary was called that because thats where the Huns really settled & not in South East germanic regions :-)

Cheers

Doug

PS pleased to see you are your old self - was worried that fatherhood might have done some harm
New You wanted to repaper that room anyway, right?
Here in the land of infinite consumption, there are about 50,000 varieties of "masking tape". You probably should have used the [link|http://products3.3m.com/catalog/us/en001/government/innovative_solutions/node_LKK2CW3L5Bbe/root_GS3RBW6QFVgv/vroot_31S2JJ7584ge/gvel_KNB4DZXD43gl/theme_us_innovativesolutions_3_0/command_AbcPageHandler/output_print|yellow stuff].

Scotch\ufffd Safe-Release\ufffd Painters' Masking Tape For Very Delicate Surfaces 2070
\t\t
This is a low adhesion tape that can be cleanly removed for up to seven days. It is ideal for smooth surfaces and very delicate surfaces such as "dry-to-touch" fresh paints, ceiling tile, and paper and foil wallcoverings.

Bummer about the damage. :-(

HTH.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Never seen blue or yellow variants; or tape come in packages
New I use the 3M blue for the most part.
I've never tried it on paper, though.

Also, when the package says, "will come off easily if removed before 7-10 days" they really mean more like 5.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New You folks are so primitive over there . . .
. . but eventually Home Depot will move in. They'll push out all your local home improvement stores but you'll finally have blue and yellow masking tape (widths in inches) and won't have to wallpaper again every time you paint. They might bring floor tile too.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New They did. They mined your wall for free fiber using stickies
I live ~2km from the 3M main campus. My ex works in logistics, her father retired from their as a chief chemist. And they personally know the guy who invented Post-Its. Entire neighborhood works for 3M. In fact I think the entire east side of St. Paul works for 3M (along with the entire western half of Wisconsin.

Minnesnowduh. Land of the Twinkies, Viqueens, Timberpuppies, Gophers, and Wild whatevers.

;-)
"All men are like grass, and all their glory is like the flowers of the field;
the grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of the Lord stands forever."
1 Peter 1:24-25
     Fucking stupid asshole Minnesotans should stick to mining... - (CRConrad) - (11)
         Did you use the low tack (generally Blue) or the . . - (Andrew Grygus)
         so our intrepid finn discovered that adhesives - (boxley) - (3)
             finn ?????????????????? - (dmarker) - (2)
                 You're just as fucking confused as the BOx, it seems. - (CRConrad) - (1)
                     Naw - but some advise - (dmarker)
         You wanted to repaper that room anyway, right? - (Another Scott)
         Never seen blue or yellow variants; or tape come in packages -NT - (CRConrad) - (2)
             I use the 3M blue for the most part. - (admin)
             You folks are so primitive over there . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
         They did. They mined your wall for free fiber using stickies -NT - (tablizer)
         Hey!! Watch it!! - (jbrabeck)

Good ... bad ... I'm the guy with the gun.
136 ms