IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Nurture VS nature..
Agreed on that one. YAN reminder about South Pacific - a highly popular musical of yesteryear, which included the song, You have to be carefully taught [to hate].

To obtain a license to do a local production: you HAD to include this song, or not be allowed to perform the play. Possibly one of the few times where an 'artist' possesses power to assure a *complete* performance.. or none.

I also believe the artist correct: children only ever learn to hate via parent-conditioning and (school?) environment adjuncts. Most religions help a lot, of course - especially the dustier often unread parts.

No one knows how to break That chain, alas - the cure is as bad as the disease: homogenization and State control. :[

(Yeah, it was hoped that 'education' might.. But close personal example trumps every time)

Ashton
New Re: Nurture VS nature..

Yup agree with you both.

A well 'bred' child can learn to be excellent at exercising prejudice & hate. Might even do it better than a genetically inferior human.

The waffle in my earlier post was an aside taking a poke at how we humans know the importance of good blood lines except when it comes to humans :-)

Cheers

Doug
     Bus attack in tennessee, do you believe the FBI? - (bluke) - (20)
         Re: Bus attack in tennessee, do you believe the FBI? - (dmarker2) - (3)
             Potential PR disaster? - (marlowe) - (2)
                 In fact, just recently... - (marlowe) - (1)
                     Yay - (wharris2)
         Probable copycat attack - (wharris2) - (1)
             For some reason... - (Fearless Freep)
         And a bus bomb threat in SC - (marlowe) - (13)
             On second thought... - (marlowe) - (12)
                 Jawohl mein F\ufffdehrer - (Ashton) - (11)
                     Okay. Here's another idea. - (marlowe) - (10)
                         Not 'them' that worries:_____________ it's 'us'. -NT - (Ashton) - (7)
                             Us is not the problem. - (marlowe) - (6)
                                 Re: Any livestock farmer can tell you the answer :-) - (dmarker2) - (5)
                                     you know both of them in Hong Kong? :) -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                         Re: Certainly not chicken breeders :-) ... - (dmarker2)
                                     Erm, careful there. - (marlowe) - (2)
                                         Nurture VS nature.. - (Ashton) - (1)
                                             Re: Nurture VS nature.. - (dmarker2)
                         I dont think Ashton wants to take care of my kids -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                             Re: Aha - who really wants to take care of anyone's kids - (dmarker2)

Crap shoot and intuition then.
46 ms