IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Right now I don't need help
I've often suspected that drives need a burn-in period of light activity to seat the head bearings under real-world conditions. All metal bearings have an initial adjustment period - so for example if you drive your new car too hard in the first 1000 miles or so, you'll shorten its life by half.

The first thing you did was install 10 operating systems - that means a LOT of head motion in the early life of the drive. Also, how you mount the drive determines if work against gravity is going on. The tolerances are so tiny that even the slightest unnecessary stress should be avoided. Third - are you sure the ancient OS/2 DASD interface didn't overstress the drive by doing something stupid like fucking up the interleave?

Next time, install Windows and live with it for a month, then start tinkering.
-drl
New OS/2 DASD interface
Trust me, it didn't. The worst that might happen if he's using one from about 97 or so would be a failure to partition due to not recognising the size of the drive properly.

In fact, OS/2 on HPFS is probably one of the easiest systems on drive hardware out there.
--\n-------------------------------------------------------------------\n* Jack Troughton                            jake at consultron.ca *\n* [link|http://consultron.ca|http://consultron.ca]                   [link|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca] *\n* Kingston Ontario Canada               [link|news://news.consultron.ca|news://news.consultron.ca] *\n-------------------------------------------------------------------
     I have a not-so-pretty view of this. - (inthane-chan) - (17)
         I have to agree - (kmself)
         Agreed. - (pwhysall) - (3)
             Right now I don't need help - (orion) - (2)
                 Re: Right now I don't need help - (deSitter) - (1)
                     OS/2 DASD interface - (jake123)
         Thane, a tip: Edit lets you change the Subject line, too. - (CRConrad) - (1)
             Well, yes... - (inthane-chan)
         Warning: Two (2) occupant limit, riding my ass. - (folkert) - (9)
             Apology accepted (new thread) - (orion)
             Re: Warning: Two (2) occupant limit, riding my ass. - (kmself)
             Groovy. - (inthane-chan)
             fuckem, I thought it was funny - (boxley)
             Not to worry - (Ashton) - (4)
                 For the record... - (inthane-chan) - (3)
                     Ahem, - (boxley) - (2)
                         Not even. - (inthane-chan)
                         Fucking Mollycoddling - - (Ashton)

Thank you for making a simple LRPD very happy.
45 ms