IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Let's hear some chatter out there!
For another escapade that is. We need to get this thing started or the 2004 Election will be over!

[link|http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/09/25/iran.iaea.reut/index.html|http://www.cnn.com/2...a.reut/index.html]
bcnu,
Mikem

The soul and substance of what customarily ranks as patriotism is moral cowardice and always has been...We have thrown away the most valuable asset we had-- the individual's right to oppose both flag and country when he (just he, by himself) believed them to be in the wrong. We have thrown it away; and with it all that was really respectable about that grotesque and laughable word, Patriotism.

- Mark Twain, "Monarchical and Republican Patriotism"
New Here come the threats
[link|http://wireservice.wired.com/wired/story.asp?section=Breaking&storyId=785163|Wired News]
The Bush administration said on Thursday that Iran had "one last chance" to comply with nuclear safeguards and threatened to take the dispute to the U.N. Security Council if Tehran refused.

The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), under U.S. pressure, has raised concerns about Iran's nuclear aims and given Tehran until the end of October to dispel doubts it is secretly developing nuclear arms.

Gee where have we heard the one last chance before a security council resolution line before.

It's rather scary, but I wouldn't be suprised if the Bush White House tries to drag us into another war before the next election. Both Syria and Iran are in play right now. I don't know if it will work at this point, but if the economy doesn't pick up soon they may see it as the only way to win.

Jay

New Think the PNAC was dangerous on the face of it? Wait till
They're Running Scared.

The epitome of 'panic' is - The Panicked Chicken Hawk, about to lose the Reins of the Power to send more proxies to Win One for the Empire.. from (very) afar.
New I just don't understand why Iran, Iraq, NK, or anybody...
would feel the need to develop nuclear weapons. What do you imagine that they think they could protect themselves from with nuclear weapons? Don't they know there is no Soviet Union anymore? What are these guys thinking?
bcnu,
Mikem

The soul and substance of what customarily ranks as patriotism is moral cowardice and always has been...We have thrown away the most valuable asset we had-- the individual's right to oppose both flag and country when he (just he, by himself) believed them to be in the wrong. We have thrown it away; and with it all that was really respectable about that grotesque and laughable word, Patriotism.

New Either you forgot the sarcasm label
Or you're overlooking the obvious. Who's the biggest bully/threat? Not China, not Russia, but good ol' Dubya.
New Nah, just doing my best impersonation of marlowe to date :)
bcnu,
Mikem

Expand Edited by mmoffitt Sept. 25, 2003, 03:55:05 PM EDT
     Let's hear some chatter out there! - (mmoffitt) - (5)
         Here come the threats - (JayMehaffey) - (4)
             Think the PNAC was dangerous on the face of it? Wait till - (Ashton)
             I just don't understand why Iran, Iraq, NK, or anybody... - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                 Either you forgot the sarcasm label - (jbrabeck) - (1)
                     Nah, just doing my best impersonation of marlowe to date :) -NT - (mmoffitt)

Completely free of Microsoft Smart Tags!
43 ms