IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I'm a Native Texan....
And even I would rather be living in Boulder than Austin...

The Rockies (not the baseball team), the weather, just awesome!

When I worked for American Airlines/SABRE, before kids, we would travel to the Denver area 3-4-5 times each summer. When it was 105 in Dallas/Ft. Worth, we would be waking up to freezing temps in the morning, and afternoons at 65 degrees, up near Copper Mountain, Frisco, Breckenridge, and we would even "day trip" over to Vail and Aspen.

It's cheaper to live in Austin. Austin has large chip manufacturing, Dell, IBM, and a number of chip companies with major sites there. The VC mood seems to be good (or at least until 2001) with start-ups.

Boulder has a HUGE IBM facility, but I don't know much more than that. The folks I spoke with in a Denver training class in 2002 worked at the IBM Boulder facility, and said that the cost of living was VERY EXPENSIVE.

So, if it were just about weather, I would definitely do the Boulder thing. But, when you factor in cost of living, the equation gets much more mirky.

Glen Austin
Collapse Edited by gdaustin Sept. 14, 2003, 12:02:25 AM EDT
I'm a Native Texan....
And even I would rather be living in Boulder than Austin...

The Rockies (not the baseball team), the weather, just awesome!

When I worked for American Airlines/SABRE, before kids, we would travel to the Denver area 3-4-5 times each summer. When it was 105 in Dallas/Ft. Worth, we would be waking up to freezing temps in the morning, and afternoons at 65 degrees, up near Copper Mountain, Frisco, Breckenridge, and we would even "day trip" over to Vail and Aspen.

It's cheaper to live in Austin. Austin has large chip manufacturing, Dell, IBM, and a number of chip companies with major sites there. The VC mood seems to be good (or at least until 2001) with start-ups.

Boulder has a HUGE IBM facility, but I don't know much more than that. The folks a spoke with in a Denver training class in 2002 worked at the IBM Boulder facility, and said that the cost of living was VERY EXPENSIVE.

So, if it were just about weather, I would definitely do the Boulder thing. But, when you factor in cost of living, the equation gets much more mirky.

Glen Austin

New Re: I'm a Native Texan....
The IBM facility is in Longmont, which has as much in common with Boulder as Peking does with Sioux City.
-drl
     In software, Boulder beats Austin - (lincoln) - (19)
         You mean, aside from being a wonderful city in general? - (Yendor) - (11)
             Accept what? - (lincoln) - (8)
                 EXACTAMUNDO - (Yendor) - (7)
                     I'd rather live in Naperville - (lincoln) - (6)
                         Re: I'd rather live in Naperville - (Yendor) - (5)
                             What a sad answer - (lincoln) - (4)
                                 Lighten up, Francis. - (admin) - (3)
                                     Clarify your post, please - (lincoln) - (2)
                                         Re: Clarify your post, please - (admin) - (1)
                                             I don't comprehend vagueness - (lincoln)
             Re: You mean, aside from being a wonderful city in general? - (deSitter) - (1)
                 Intolerance is androgynous, Gaussian and needs no sub-labels -NT - (Ashton)
         Was at a dinner yesterday - (tuberculosis)
         I'm a Native Texan.... - (gdaustin) - (1)
             Re: I'm a Native Texan.... - (deSitter)
         Just a thought - (SpiceWare) - (3)
             Size of the country - (jake123)
             Pithy reminder - thanks. -NT - (Ashton)
             Size matters - (kmself)

You can't take something off the Internet. It's like taking pee out of a swimming pool.
73 ms