IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New They want it to be a holy war
because that would give them more strength. They need the support of all Islamic countries to be able to seriously stand up against the opposition. If we want to keep the killing to a minimum (and this will be important to the worldwide community) we have to show that we are NOT fighting it as a holy war. Those other Islamic nations will need to be able to see that we will NOT be coming after them after we finish off the terrorists just becuse they're Muslims. This War should be only about taking out the forces necissary to end this kind of terrorism.

America is ABOUT religious freedom. That was the reason for our colonization in the first place. We can not turn around now and say "you don't deserve to live because you believe in Allah instead of God". There are plenty of Muslims in America as well. Are we supposed to pick all them up now and move them to concentration camps? I have a very good friend fighting beside me (figuatively, since we are currently not in battle) in the US Air Force that is a Muslim. I would trust this man with my life, and in the military, that is very important. I would not support a holy war against any religion simply because extremists in that religion want to use such a holy war to unite the whole religion against us. You're just playing into their (the extremists) hands.
~~~)-Steven----
New Those other Islamic nations?
Which ones are those? And are you sure? Even Saudi Arabia is far from an unequivocal ally. The Kuwaitis may be full of gratitude and goodwill toward us, but they don't count for much. They can't even defend themselves against their own neighbors. Qatar may be on our side. Pakistan is very ambiguous. Some of these countries may be useful as tools, but we musn't trust them. Keep the chain guard on.

Put not your faith in imaginary friends.

[link|http://www.angelfire.com/ca3/marlowe/index.html|http://www.angelfir...e/index.html]
New whether or not we can count them as allies
I'd rather not have to count them as enemies. If we allow this to become a holy war, we'll be fighting a whole lot more than if they remain neutral or ambiguous.
~~~)-Steven----
New Fine. But let's watch our backs. (nomsg)
[link|http://www.angelfire.com/ca3/marlowe/index.html|http://www.angelfir...e/index.html]
New That goes without saying
~~~)-Steven----
     Why America Has Already Lost the War - (Fearless Freep) - (40)
         Typical racist claptrap. - (inthane-chan) - (25)
             Oh, knock it off. - (marlowe) - (17)
                 You misunderstand my position. - (inthane-chan)
                 How do you define success? - (ChrisR) - (14)
                     It's not a war on terrorists. - (marlowe) - (13)
                         Fine. - (inthane-chan) - (7)
                             Did that happen recently? - (rsf) - (1)
                                 Thought that was pretty much everybody against everybody... - (inthane-chan)
                             Gawd, you're so blind. - (marlowe) - (2)
                                 Yes. - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                                     Small group of people? - (marlowe)
                             Too far - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                                 Go back and read what I said again... - (inthane-chan)
                         They want it to be a holy war - (Steven A S) - (4)
                             Those other Islamic nations? - (marlowe) - (3)
                                 whether or not we can count them as allies - (Steven A S) - (2)
                                     Fine. But let's watch our backs. (nomsg) -NT - (marlowe) - (1)
                                         That goes without saying -NT - (Steven A S)
                 A swing and a miss... - (jb4)
             as I see it... - (cforde) - (6)
                 Re: as I see it... - (rsf) - (2)
                     I don't see that - (cforde) - (1)
                         Re: I don't see that - (rsf)
                 Nope, all worship the same God - (kmself) - (1)
                     Doesn't help, then... - (pwhysall)
                 It's so you don't know whether to laugh or to cry... -NT - (CRConrad)
         Follow up - (link is timing out...growlf) - (Simon_Jester)
         Okay, I've read it.... - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
             Me, Occured Same Suspicion About Day 2... -NT - (CRConrad)
         I have not personally lost a family member yet - (boxley) - (9)
             Worst possible course of action - (JayMehaffey) - (3)
                 that was my point, MAD2 they need to understand that their - (boxley) - (2)
                     Won't work - (JayMehaffey) - (1)
                         whats yer point? - (boxley)
             We must not sink to their level. - (marlowe) - (3)
                 How do you reconcile that with... - (inthane-chan) - (2)
                     In practise it may amount to the same thing. Or not. - (marlowe) - (1)
                         If it does come to that... - (inthane-chan)
             "Wrongly"? I think they got that "link" all right, at least. -NT - (CRConrad)
         Typical - (JayMehaffey)

Werd.
122 ms