IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New See my post about the $400 computer?
[link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=105271|http://z.iwethey.org...?contentid=105271]

Update the parts for today as opposed to June.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New Yes, thanks. May be the way to go...
Both you and Inthane are sending me to NewEgg, nForce and Athlon. That's 2 more votes than any other combination :)
--

Less Is More. In my book, About Face, I introduce over 50 powerful design axioms. This is one of them.

--Alan Cooper. The Inmates Are Running the Asylum
New I also suggest...
a VERY GOOD Power Supply. As Grygus has said elsewhere, buy a good power supply, you'll never regret it. Buy a cheapy... you will againa and again and maybe more after a fry or two.

Personally, I lke the KT333A or KT400 Chipsets for mother boards... that then precludes AMD Processors... and ofhtose that make em, I like Gigabyte Best right now, Solid, well designed very generous with the ports... But hey, each to his own.

I my self, for video cards... as of yet, See no real reason to move away from nVidia. RIGHT NOW is the key. I believe the more and more ATI starts to realize the OSS way of driver development... ATI cards *WILL* in fact be the operative machines for Linux or any other OS. The ATI hardware appears to have a lot MORE headroom. But Alot of nVidia support is out there for now.

BTW, *Z* currently runs on an XP1900+ and a Gigabyte GA-7VRXP (KT333 Chipset) Quiet smooth well apportioned. Nice.
--
[link|mailto:greg@gregfolkert.net|greg],
[link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry|REMEMBER ED CURRY!] @ iwethey

So charmingly heathen, your skin is like a teardrop on a popsickle.
New Re: Yes, thanks. May be the way to go...
I've been very happy with my nForce2 board. I did originally have some trouble with the manufacturer's IDE drivers. The DVDRom and CDR didn't seem to be getting the full system rights, so they wouldn't autostart and some game CD verification routines failed. This was fixed simply by going with the default windows IDE drivers.

This chipset comes with a very usable 5.1 surround sound system built in. Depending on the motherboard it'll come with one or two 10/100 or 1G network ports. The only card I plugged into this board is the Graphics card.

If you get a board with this chipset, remember to get two matched memory sticks to take advantage of the bandwidth increase.
~~~)-Steven----

"I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country..."

General George S. Patton
     Considering buying new computer... - (Arkadiy) - (28)
         ThinkPad A31 - (deSitter)
         Check out Newegg.com - (orion) - (4)
             Re: Check out Newegg.com - (pwhysall) - (3)
                 Re: Check out Newegg.com - (jake123) - (2)
                     :-) - (pwhysall) - (1)
                         ICLRPD (new thread) - (Silverlock)
         Newegg is definitely a way to go... - (inthane-chan)
         See my post about the $400 computer? - (admin) - (3)
             Yes, thanks. May be the way to go... - (Arkadiy) - (2)
                 I also suggest... - (folkert)
                 Re: Yes, thanks. May be the way to go... - (Steven A S)
         Re: Considering buying new computer... - (qstephens) - (14)
             Why? - (admin) - (12)
                 Humungously powerful systems at low prices... - (pwhysall) - (11)
                     Damn. - (pwhysall)
                     Apples and oranges. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                         PC3200 == DDR 400, if I'm reading things right. -NT - (pwhysall) - (3)
                             Right. crucial.com lists them as the same. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                 ICRLRPD - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                                     Re: ICRLRPD (new thread) - (inthane-chan)
                     Huh? I thought you didn't like SoundBlasters? - (orion) - (1)
                         Oh hush. - (pwhysall)
                     Yurz and Minz and Dellz - (folkert) - (2)
                         Re: Yurz and Minz and Dellz - (qstephens) - (1)
                             Please compare Apples to Apples Please. - (folkert)
             I did Dell last time... - (Arkadiy)
         Purchased!! - (Arkadiy) - (1)
             Already some problems... - (Arkadiy)

"The professor in a thong"?
123 ms