IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I don't know this case, but ...
are you actually promoting killing some one because of what he "knew"? My reading of the linked article was that he was charged [SIC] with "possibly being a witness". IANAL, but I don't think it's a crime to know some one is going to violate the law and keep it to yourself. Certainly, I'd argue, such a "crime" should not be punishable by death.
bcnu,
Mikem

The soul and substance of what customarily ranks as patriotism is moral cowardice and always has been...We have thrown away the most valuable asset we had-- the individual's right to oppose both flag and country when he (just he, by himself) believed them to be in the wrong. We have thrown it away; and with it all that was really respectable about that grotesque and laughable word, Patriotism.

- Mark Twain, "Monarchical and Republican Patriotism"
New It all depends on what crime he is found guilty of
and the penalty that goes it.
Alex

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something." -- last words of Pancho Villa (1877-1923)
New And if he's found guilty of "knowing"?
I'm sorry, it's become nearly impossible for me to try to figure out what is now a crime and/or un-American.

Reminds me of an old friend my Dad had in Soviet Russia. Did time in a Gulag - His crime? He was convicted of making the following statement:

"There is no freedom of speech in the Soviet Union."

How long do you suppose before we can get "convicted" of that?
bcnu,
Mikem

The soul and substance of what customarily ranks as patriotism is moral cowardice and always has been...We have thrown away the most valuable asset we had-- the individual's right to oppose both flag and country when he (just he, by himself) believed them to be in the wrong. We have thrown it away; and with it all that was really respectable about that grotesque and laughable word, Patriotism.

New Re: And if he's found guilty of "knowing"?
INAL, but I don't think "knowing" is a crime. One either has to do something or plan to do something.

In the 1930's in the Ukraine, my father was issued citation by the Party prohibiting him from speaking in public for essentially the same reason as your friend's dad's comment except that it was about collective farms. The citation was understood to be a delayed sentence to be sent to the Gulag. He did not wait around to be picked up and spent much of the 1930's as a fugitive. As you well know, some 60 million people, my father's uncles included, made one way trips to the Siberian Gulag.
Alex

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something." -- last words of Pancho Villa (1877-1923)
New no, you only kill him if the offence charged is penalized so
If he was charged with knowing and consorting its a small time pop.
thanx,
bill
America, Love it or give it back
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New Heh, not a "short time pop" for him so far :-(
bcnu,
Mikem

New yup. punishment far greater than effective charge
does letter de cache come to mind? A storming of the Bastille may be warranted.
Example,
A few construction companies prefer to use one companies skilled labor force(like my company has more skilled IT pros), several companies want that labor company to bid with them for a job. One company offers a percentage of the gross bid price as an incentive, Labor company likes that and goes for it. They are awarded a contract.

Change the skilled labor force to a Union and some Union members are Italian then the Union members go to jail for 25 to life.

It all depends on whether your tribe is in power or not and the perception of justice, not the reality.
thanx,
bill
America, Love it or give it back
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
     What has been done to this man by the govt IS criminal - (boxley) - (9)
         First, they came for the Communists, ... - (mmoffitt)
         Agree with what you say. The process is fouled and... - (a6l6e6x) - (7)
             I don't know this case, but ... - (mmoffitt) - (6)
                 It all depends on what crime he is found guilty of - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                     And if he's found guilty of "knowing"? - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                         Re: And if he's found guilty of "knowing"? - (a6l6e6x)
                 no, you only kill him if the offence charged is penalized so - (boxley) - (2)
                     Heh, not a "short time pop" for him so far :-( -NT - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                         yup. punishment far greater than effective charge - (boxley)

What? You're not me? I'm sorry, I can't talk to you. Put me on the phone instead.
199 ms