IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Totoro is okay for a 3-4 year old child IMO.
Note, I'm not a child mental health therapist, but it's nonviolent, has big cuddly characters, is a FUN film, and has a subtext about dealing with illness in the family in a healthy way.

I'm curious, have you ever seen it?

A bit from the film:

Girls are waiting at the bus stop for their dad to come home, Mei (older daughter) has not yet seen Totoro (nature spirit that looks like a cross between an owl and a penguin with horomonal balance issues, about 8' tall, and cuddly as all heck, with lungs to beat a politician), Satsuki (younger daughter) has.

Dad missed the first bus, Satsuki gets tired and falls asleep on Mei's back. Mei (holding an umbrella and her sister) hears footsteps, sees bear feet, looks up, and there's Totoro waiting at the bus stop with them, complete with a lily pad umbrella.

He notices them, hands them a packet of seeds, and then they see lights off in the distance - and the Cheshire cat bus pulls up, he chirps at them (in the english version, Carl Macek blows into a microphone instead, ruining (IMO) the mood), gets on the bus, and rides off into the distance, while the girls stare in complete and total disbelief.

It's a fun film.
And though you hold the keys to ruin of everything I see/With every prison blown to dust, my enemies walk free/Though all the kingdoms turn to sand and fall into the sea/ I'm mad about you I'm mad about you
New That's a great film.
Fine for a young child, too.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New Yes, I've seen it.
That's why I commented. I hadn't seen the others you mentioned, except for Princess Mononoke.

Yah, Totoro is great. :-) And you've got Satsuki and Mei reversed; Satsuki is the older one. And you forgot the bit at the busstop when Satsuki hands Totoro the spare umbrella. So to test it, Totoro jumps to make all the leaves shake. :-)

Wade.

Is it enough to love
Is it enough to breathe
Somebody rip my heart out
And leave me here to bleed

Is it enough to die
Somebody save my life
I'd rather be Anything but Ordinary
Please

-- "Anything but Ordinary" by Avril Lavigne.

New Hey, not bad for not having seen it in 7 years... ;)
     Children's Movies on DVD - (orion) - (12)
         Those are some good ones. - (bepatient)
         Don't feed 'em treacle - (rcareaga) - (1)
             {splutter} - (Ashton)
         Re: Children's Movies on DVD - (deSitter)
         recommendations - (cforde)
         Re: Children's Movies on DVD - (dshellman)
         The Seven Samurai. - (inthane-chan) - (5)
             They okay for a 4yro? - (static) - (4)
                 Totoro is okay for a 3-4 year old child IMO. - (inthane-chan) - (3)
                     That's a great film. - (admin)
                     Yes, I've seen it. - (static) - (1)
                         Hey, not bad for not having seen it in 7 years... ;) -NT - (inthane-chan)

Prolly need to go back for "reeducation"...
52 ms