IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Bite site look like these pictures?
[link|http://www.emedicine.com/emerg/topic547.htm#target1|Pictures].

Not that I know anything about this other than we have the brown recluse spider in the area.
Alex

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul. -- George Bernard Shaw
New looks the same except for the pussy white spot
in the middle, didnt have that. Sank a needle into the center but no gusher arrived. Will watch for gengrene, no health insurance so a walkin clinic is out of the question. Received the bite in bed as that is the only time in the last couple of days I have been shirtless. The treatment seems all over the map, have a boat load of 500 meg amox I might try as antibiotics are givn at times.
thanx,
bill
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New Re: looks the same except for the pussy white spot
Recluse spiders (loxosceles) don't seem to be a major issue in Florida, but you have this nasty looking bastard:

[link|http://woodypest.ifas.ufl.edu/brwidow.htm|http://woodypest.ifa...l.edu/brwidow.htm]

The Brown Widow (latrodectus).

Also check out [link|http://doacs.state.fl.us/~pi/enpp/ento/venomousspiders.htm|http://doacs.state.f...nomousspiders.htm]

(Possibly relevant - Chilean recluse in Winter Haven - about 60mi east of you..[link|http://www.doacs.state.fl.us/%7Epi/enpp/ento/loxoscel.html|http://www.doacs.sta...nto/loxoscel.html])
-drl
Expand Edited by deSitter Aug. 9, 2003, 12:15:45 PM EDT
New You've got other options besides waiting.
I'd suspect there's a free clinic in the area. Many of the walk-in clinics take credit cards. If you can't go that route, hospitals have to treat emergency cases. Call 911 if you have to.

Don't wait until it's hideous before getting treatment.

Best of luck!

Cheers,
Scott.
New Sorry to hear that!
I was hoping you'd say yours looked different.

Other symptoms?

o Fever

o Chills

o Nausea

o Vomiting

o Joint pain
Alex

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul. -- George Bernard Shaw
New Re: Sorry to hear that!
Those can be caused by age and beer, both of which are known to affect the Boxer :)
-drl
New not yet, although treating agressivly
have a moonshine poultice on now, lucky I didnt finish that mason jar, wife is out looking for epsom salts am starting 500 mil amox series 3* daily. If I can hold out til monday a reduced fee clinic is available otherwise to stick my head in the door of the emergency room is $240 plus doc fees and supplies. Will go only if it spreads beyond the arm.
thanx,
bill
New Well, I'll cross my fingers for ya!
Alex

Which is it, is man one of God's blunders or is God one of man's? -- Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche
New Re: not yet, although treating agressivly
I've got a leftover Spiderman outfit if you need it :)

Mabye you'll land a job doing WebX.
-drl
New Lateral..
Know any vets?

Might get some cluefulness by asking "what do you guys do for ~ (probable) spider bites?" Veterinary training IS more *intensive and varied than for AMA-type folks (Much harder to get into vet school than the MD conveyor belt). Thay are also (and especially, lately) more apt to have looked intelligently at the alternatives -- and to actually have Seen what they Looked at. Y'know?

* this opinion via a friend who couldn't quite get in.. to a vet school, though she Really wanted to and studied her ass off; great academic records etc. - had to settle for becoming merely a dermatologist, specializing in skin diseases of the rich. Yawn.

(We don't talk much of late; she's beginning to Sound like an AMA-MD, and has become a Mondo-consumer of the perks; brain-rot has set in. I predict Golf ere long..)

Luck,

Ashton
New good thought but not around here.
New Had a friend get bit
in bed - on the leg. Laid him in the hospital for a week - left him with an ugly looking divot in his shin. Flesh simply rots rather than heals. This was in the Chicago area and it was in a seldom used dorm room. Not likely to find the recluse in a regularly used area as they don't like company.

Smalltalk is dangerous. It is a drug. My advice to you would be don't try it; it could ruin your life. Once you take the time to learn it (to REALLY learn it) you will see that there is nothing out there (yet) to touch it. Of course, like all drugs, how dangerous it is depends on your character. It may be that once you've got to this stage you'll find it difficult (if not impossible) to "go back" to other languages and, if you are forced to, you might become an embittered character constantly muttering ascerbic comments under your breath. Who knows, you may even have to quit the software industry altogether because nothing else lives up to your new expectations.
--AndyBower
Expand Edited by tuberculosis Aug. 21, 2007, 12:43:58 PM EDT
     Brown recluse spider bites - (boxley) - (32)
         Very iffy - (broomberg)
         Um, get thee to a walk-in clinic is my suggestion. - (Another Scott) - (1)
             ditto - (SpiceWare)
         Re: Brown recluse spider bites - (deSitter) - (2)
             Boiling oil? - (pwhysall) - (1)
                 Re: Boiling oil? - (deSitter)
         Bite site look like these pictures? - (a6l6e6x) - (11)
             looks the same except for the pussy white spot - (boxley) - (10)
                 Re: looks the same except for the pussy white spot - (deSitter)
                 You've got other options besides waiting. - (Another Scott)
                 Sorry to hear that! - (a6l6e6x) - (6)
                     Re: Sorry to hear that! - (deSitter)
                     not yet, although treating agressivly - (boxley) - (4)
                         Well, I'll cross my fingers for ya! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                         Re: not yet, although treating agressivly - (deSitter)
                         Lateral.. - (Ashton) - (1)
                             good thought but not around here. -NT - (boxley)
                 Had a friend get bit - (tuberculosis)
         If you don't have coverage... - (kmself) - (1)
             appreciate the thought - (boxley)
         It appears to not be a recluse bite - (boxley) - (11)
             Good news! Dodged the bullet, again! :) -NT - (a6l6e6x)
             Re: It appears to not be a recluse bite - (Ashton) - (9)
                 point taken -NT - (boxley)
                 Only you - (broomberg) - (7)
                     Maybe - seen the pix - (Ashton) - (6)
                         Hmm - (broomberg) - (5)
                             not lately, but there is a boatload of fleabitten squirrels - (boxley) - (4)
                                 So then - (Ashton) - (3)
                                     no eruption, ping pong size growing - (boxley) - (2)
                                         What?! - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                             You are so full of it - (drewk)

Most of our entire ruling junta.
163 ms