IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New same here
My BBS software worked with my term program for music/joystick/sprites and so on. One of my buddies had an Atari BBS so i added ATASCII support. When I lived in Corpus Christi there were only a few BBSes online(mine was the 4th to go up) so everybody called them all. When I moved to Houston in the late 80s there were so many that they segretated. I called a few Atari BBSes in Houston but they were not pleased when they found out I was calling on a Commodore.
Darrell Spice, Jr.                      [link|http://www.spiceware.org/cgi-bin/spa.pl?album=./Artistic%20Overpass|Artistic Overpass]\n[link|http://www.spiceware.org/|SpiceWare] - We don't do Windows, it's too much of a chore
New Platform Wars
Yes usually the Atari and Commodore users didn't get along very well. Competing platforms. The Atari had more colors and a more advanced BASIC, but the Commodore had more tricks to it and an add-on Simon's BASIC. I remember a local group, The Wacko Cracko Brothers, modified C64s, they added more RAM, and updated the ROM to use a more advanced BASIC and RAM switching abilities to use 64K banks of RAM.

I also remember modifying a few "Compute!" games for the C64, so that Balloon Blitz became Klingon Blitz and I turned the Balloon into a Klingon Bird of Prey.
     Re: On Features. - (Nightowl) - (24)
         zIWE forum software was selected to a purpose - - (Ashton) - (20)
             Re: zIWE forum software was selected to a purpose - - (Nightowl) - (19)
                 ANSI art - (orion) - (10)
                     Re: ANSI art - (Nightowl)
                     Not a lost art... - (pwhysall)
                     same idea as antialiasing -NT - (deSitter)
                     PETSCII movies - (SpiceWare) - (3)
                         ATASCII - (orion) - (2)
                             same here - (SpiceWare) - (1)
                                 Platform Wars - (orion)
                     Re: ANSI art - (radman) - (2)
                         notSPAM*notSPAM*notSPAM*notSPAM - (folkert) - (1)
                             No, not really... - (admin)
                 Warning, abuse of HTML - (JayMehaffey) - (7)
                     Re: Warning, abuse of HTML - (Nightowl)
                     For the really pedantic... :) - (a6l6e6x) - (5)
                         Nit - (Arkadiy) - (1)
                             Yep, "symbol" is a poor choice for the definition. - (a6l6e6x)
                         And for the really, really pedantic... - (pwhysall) - (2)
                             Yep, and on teletype 8th bit was a parity bit. -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                             Re: And for the really, really pedantic... - (Nightowl)
         DLX BBS - (orion)
         BBS mates - (orion)
         Most BBSes are Telnetable now - (orion)

This is the most insane thing I've seen in six or seven hours.
81 ms