IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New The problem being, of course...
That Mono can only do the publicly available APIs. There is plenty that isn't covered by the standard, I understand.

Having said that, I read on Netcraft that 1% of the .NET servers in the wild are running on Linux. :-D
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
Expand Edited by admin July 31, 2003, 06:45:41 PM EDT
New So where does it fit
in your stack - .NET I mean? What are you asking it to do?

Smalltalk is dangerous. It is a drug. My advice to you would be don't try it; it could ruin your life. Once you take the time to learn it (to REALLY learn it) you will see that there is nothing out there (yet) to touch it. Of course, like all drugs, how dangerous it is depends on your character. It may be that once you've got to this stage you'll find it difficult (if not impossible) to "go back" to other languages and, if you are forced to, you might become an embittered character constantly muttering ascerbic comments under your breath. Who knows, you may even have to quit the software industry altogether because nothing else lives up to your new expectations.
--AndyBower
Expand Edited by tuberculosis Aug. 21, 2007, 06:29:07 AM EDT
New Front-end HTML generation
The V and C part of MVC.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
     Buggy .NET components... - (admin) - (37)
         I see a pattern.... - (slugbug) - (33)
             Re: I see a pattern.... - (deSitter) - (32)
                 Unfortunately.... - (slugbug) - (31)
                     Integration testing... - (admin) - (30)
                         Anybody given Mono a swing? - (tuberculosis) - (8)
                             Hasn't caught up to Microsoft C# yet - (orion) - (1)
                                 It won't matter much - (tuberculosis)
                             Haven't had it since I was a teenager. -NT - (Steve Lowe) - (1)
                                 I thought that was one of those "have it for life" things. -NT - (admin)
                             The problem being, of course... - (admin) - (2)
                                 So where does it fit - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                                     Front-end HTML generation - (admin)
                             Why **** with Mono and .NET when I've got: - (FuManChu)
                         Re: Integration testing... - (deSitter)
                         On stability, scalability, and IT today.... - (slugbug) - (19)
                             IT today - (orion)
                             Blame it on the boom - (tuberculosis) - (16)
                                 What can you do? Build wooden boats for a living? - (orion)
                                 Not just the code.. recall Tufte's brilliant deconstruction - (Ashton) - (8)
                                     Formula is for babies. - (FuManChu) - (7)
                                         Thou sayest (only better) - (Ashton)
                                         Have you used MS Project? - (drewk) - (4)
                                             Yes and it is a joke - (tuberculosis) - (3)
                                                 I only want it for one thing - (drewk) - (1)
                                                     Link's broken -NT - (tuberculosis)
                                                 The Planning Game - (JimWeirich)
                                         Excellent point -NT - (deSitter)
                                 It is all too easy... - (slugbug) - (5)
                                     Re: It is all too easy... - (deSitter)
                                     Oh well on that front - (tuberculosis) - (2)
                                         Astounding - (deSitter)
                                         Try Telcordia in Lisle Illinois - (boxley)
                                     How things have changed over the years - (orion)
                             Java's not much better - (bluke)
         Not ready for prime time, .NET - (orion) - (2)
             .Net - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                 800 pound gorilla - (orion)

ICLRPD.
75 ms