IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Not insane
just controlled by many Big Businesses like Oil and Tobacco companies, etc. Recent laws are being made in favor of the corps and not the people. The people get shafted when Big Business takes control of the government by buy^h^h^hrenting politicians to pass laws in their favor.

Nothing that a little reform can't fix, maybe voting some of them out of office?

Long ago they made a marriage pentaly in the tax code so that married couples got less back on their income taxes. You can't really benefit from the tax code unless you have a lot of money and can put it into tax shelters or higher high priced lawyers and accountants to find ways to get tax shelters or hide money from the IRS. The averaged married couple gets hit hard with US tax codes.

"I wonder how much of this BS Corporations will continue to shallow before they start looking into alternatives to Microsoft software?" -[link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=106839|Orion]
New orion laments the "marriage penalty"
But do we singletons not also subsidize, via tax exemptions granted you for success in propagating the species (whew! The race won't die out after all!), your miserable little brats adorable children? How's this: We truly level the playing field between married parents and childless singles by dropping the "penalty" and the standard deductions for children? No? Didn't think so.

cordially,
Die Welt ist alles, was der Fall ist.
New no need to be married to have kids
dropping the childrens exemption is fine as long as I get to drop paying social security and medicaid for the old folks, let them get a job and buy health insurance like I have to.
thanx,
bill
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]

As the Poets have mournfully sung.
Death takes the innocent young,
The rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
And those who are very well hung.
W.H. Auden
New Re: orion laments the "marriage penalty"
The problem with that is that single people can have children too, many Welfare Moms not only can claim their children on their single tax return, they also get paid per child so they are paid to have more. It also is unfair to Married Childless couples to have a marriage pentalty and not have any children to get deductions on.

Besides it costs a lot of money to take care of a child. Food, clothes (they grow fast and always need new clothes), school/daycare, medicine/doctor bills, etc. The amount you get back in deductions is nowhere near the price you pay per year to take care of a child. Not that it should be, just that they don't really give us that much in deductions. I get more in deductions from my doctor bills and medicine bills that insurance doesn't pay per the itemized deductions than I get for my child.

Drop the marriage pentalty and deduction for children, and how exactly does that benefit the single person without kids? The amount the marriage pentalty took out of deductions may be more than what a deduction for a child costs. So married people might actually get more taxes back if they don't have too many kids.

Raising a child is not easy, it takes a lot of hard work and responsibility. Someone has to procreate the future citizens of this country that will eventually take over, unless you want our country to be completely outsourced to other nations?

"I wonder how much of this BS Corporations will continue to shallow before they start looking into alternatives to Microsoft software?" -[link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=106839|Orion]
New Re: orion laments the "marriage penalty"
Besides it costs a lot of money to take care of a child
--Should have thought of that first, old son. But why, pray, should I subsidize any part of that outlay? No biggie--I don't really begrudge you the fraction of a mill per annum representing my contribution to the upkeep of your verminous winsome tykes, but must I be compelled as well to listen to you parents whine and moan about the so-called marriage penalty?
Someone has to procreate the future citizens of this country that will eventually take over, unless you want our country to be completely outsourced to other nations
And why not? It's not as though the present management and staff are doing a stellar job.

cordially,
Die Welt ist alles, was der Fall ist.
     the government needs to get out of the marriage bidness - (boxley) - (22)
         Marriage is not just religious, Box - (jake123) - (20)
             If it's not religious - (cwbrenn) - (8)
                 "not religious" is not the same as - (jake123)
                 Actually, they do - (jb4) - (6)
                     If JotP ceremonies were TRULY "not religious" - (cwbrenn) - (2)
                         Just don't call it a "civil union" - (drewk)
                         Except... - (jb4)
                     Hell, I can marry youse - (Ashton) - (2)
                         Sorry, Ash...you're not my type.... -NT - (jb4) - (1)
                             Give 'em a freebie and__someone'll rush through the crack -NT - (Ashton)
             Tax Breaks - (orion)
             what tax break? We have a marriage PENALTY -NT - (boxley) - (6)
                 Well, I can't say much about that - (jake123) - (5)
                     Not insane - (orion) - (4)
                         orion laments the "marriage penalty" - (rcareaga) - (3)
                             no need to be married to have kids - (boxley)
                             Re: orion laments the "marriage penalty" - (orion) - (1)
                                 Re: orion laments the "marriage penalty" - (rcareaga)
             Other considerations - (mhuber) - (2)
                 Bravo, Mike! - (Ashton)
                 wich is why the gov needs to get out of the marriage bidness - (boxley)
         Senator Frist...hypocrit at large... - (Simon_Jester)

Chinese Bookmarks of DOOM!
205 ms