IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Use the football analogy
We have a worldwide football game going on. Everything that happens that does anything to diminish the American way of life sores points for the Other Side. Anything we do to diminish the threat of terrorism without diminishing the American way of life scores points for Us.

The terror attack on the WTC was a touchdown, a 2-point PAT, and a recovered on-side kick run in for another touchdown. 15 points for the Bad Guys

Calmly, but determinedly declaring war on terrorism, backing that declaration with calculated action, getting the vast majority of countries to publicly support that action: touchdown and PAT...7 points for the good guys

The work done at ground-zero, the volunteerism, donations of time, money, and materiel (and blood!) by Americans of all stripes: field goal...10 points for the Good Guys.

Ashcroft et al even sponsoring a bill that would allow detention of anybody..."just 'cuz" is a field goal for the Forces of Darkness: 18 points for the Bad Guys.

Current score: Bad Guys, 18...Good Guys 10.
End of first quarter (but its still early...)

Even the "America, love it or leave it" crowd and understand and appreciate a footbal analogy...
jb4
(Resistance is not futile...)
New *grin* I like it!

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.
     The Crackdown has Started. - (inthane-chan) - (18)
         Where's the crackdown? - (bbronson) - (12)
             The Crackdown of Self-Censorship. - (inthane-chan) - (11)
                 Sample today on NPR - - (Ashton)
                 Self? - (imric) - (7)
                     Ultimately all censorship... - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                         Until the point at which your are 'silenced'. Permanently. -NT - (imric)
                     That you have to *explain* such things.. - (Ashton) - (2)
                         Unfortunately - (imric) - (1)
                             To the extent that your sample is representative - (Ashton)
                     Use the football analogy - (jb4) - (1)
                         *grin* I like it! -NT - (imric)
                 Re: The Crackdown of Self-Censorship. - (bbronson) - (1)
                     Okay, that was a little bit over the line. - (inthane-chan)
         My response? - (ben_tilly) - (4)
             I have been villified, aplauded, beaten and cheered - (boxley)
             Well, I'm with ya on that one. - (marlowe) - (2)
                 To quote Hobbes... - (Fearless Freep) - (1)
                     That's a bet you'd lose. - (marlowe)

Well, as long as you can bottle it up I'm sure that's perfectly healthy.
90 ms