IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New One person's opinion on recycling PCs
[link|http://www.statesman.com/opinion/content/auto/epaper/editions/sunday/editorial_3.html|reader's opinion]

Computer companies should stop "trying to find ways to get people to pay money to get rid of their unusable equipment" (May 19 article, "Computer recycling effort slow to boot up"). Dell recently revealed that in six months, a whopping 250 computers were recycled through their program that requires consumers to pay to ship their obsolete machines. Most people won't pay $30 to recycle their obsolete desktop.

Companies should build the price of safe recycling and disposal into the computer's cost, as they already do in many European countries. It's a disgrace that Hewlett-Packard and Dell aren't providing Americans with equal treatment.

When the producers are responsible for the recycling and safe disposal of electronic waste, then their bottom lines will dictate designing for recycling with fewer toxins that are costly to properly dispose of and dangerous when tossed in landfills.

ROBIN SCHNEIDER
Executive director
Texas Campaign for the Environment
Austin
robin@texasenvironment.org

lincoln
"Four score and seven years ago, I had a better sig"
[link|http://users3.ev1.net/~bconnors/resume.htm|VB/SQL resume]
[link|http://users3.ev1.net/~bconnors/tandem_resume.htm|Tandem resume]
[link|mailto:bconnors@ev1.net|contact me]
New Oh, but they are recycled . .
. . and much of the material finds a new application as part of the "Asian Brown Cloud". Eventually this will solve our overseas outsorcing problem, since Asians will be too sick to work. See, it all works out in the end.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New The H1B problems, they will be MORE prone...
to *WANT* to come here then.

See, you are not *SO* smart you Beer Swigging, Wine Taster you!

Oh course, we'd then have to some up with an alliterative reason we are being fired/let-go all the time.

[link|mailto:greg@gregfolkert.net|greg] - IT Grand-Master for Anti-President
[link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry/|REMEMBER ED CURRY!]

THEY ARE WATCHING YOU.
The time has come for you to take the last step.
You must love THEM.
It is not enough to obey THEM.
You must love THEM.

PEACE BEGETS WAR, SLAVERY IS FREEDOM, STRENGTH IN IGNORANCE.
New Yes, but with their brains fried . .
. . from toxic waste and radiation, H1Bs would be suitable only for top corporate executive positions, and you know the suits wouldn't bring them in for that.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New Did I hear an alliterative?
Rapscallious reasons resisting raunchy reprobates - ridiculing recycling - requires rapidly reconfiguring recent re-hires.

'Radicate 'em.
New Ashton's always an awesome alliterator... and always apt!
John. Busy lad.
New Blah, best boy brought brief brief.
But, bearing briefs, brings bollocks begetting borderline breaking bylaws.

[link|mailto:greg@gregfolkert.net|greg] - IT Grand-Master for Anti-President
[link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry/|REMEMBER ED CURRY!]

THEY ARE WATCHING YOU.
The time has come for you to take the last step.
You must love THEM.
It is not enough to obey THEM.
You must love THEM.

PEACE BEGETS WAR, SLAVERY IS FREEDOM, STRENGTH IN IGNORANCE.
New Alliteration addicts automatically assimilate__[+ analysis]
asinine assignments; adulation assessment annuls asperity as.. 'asinine' assures abject aperiodicity and awfulness.

.. mere bagatelle, no?

(But I was dubbed such in early high school, by English teacher - for a sentence with merely 4,5? of such, though in that case - achingly chosen for aptness to an assignment.)
'Alliteration Addict A.' saith he {sigh} {foe} {fum}

ie
I think that alliteration draws on one's "recognition vocabulary" to the max, especially that {ugh - algorithm} where associative memory operates on related sounds -- a quite different 'sort' than the usual random-like search for (better/felt = not-intellect then operating) synonyms, say? It's quite fascinating to (when you can) watch the simple mind running the sums, but it ain't no funnel-sort sorta automaton either. To me it illustrates the holographic, unanalyzable! and quintessentially analogue nature of 'all that memory', yet the simultaneity of the extra only-Boolean-'like' filters, which you can toss-in on-the-fly.

(Try writing a mere digital computer program that can do a mewling fraction of That !? Poorly.)
Also -- such er mindless watching (watching. via. *What* !?): is a first step to noticing directly, personally thus Truly: how utterly mechanical IS most of our vaunted 'mentation'.
[Manifesto] Then: you feel that momentary humility humiliation which is all we ever! actually! learn-from, IMhO. [/Manifesto]

And it is a universal factoid that - our recognition vocab. is always larger than our speaking one; usually Much larger.. I mean, you know.. uh, what we allus Say ummm instead o' sorta cogent mellifluous prose - like them Real writer-type virtuosi -?- who eschew the superfluous automagically .. ..

Memory! boon/curse - where all the old stuff just generates.. on autopilot, in 'low-mind' - those infinite imaginations about future stuff, and where mostly we dwell; exactly as the Sage ever and always told us:
we rarely experience fucking-*Now* (er, even while umm *Then*)

Ashton
doomed to semi-senescent sentience, solipsism, senility .. Trans-send-ence; Unless - -
New Contrariwise, cluey contributor can comment concisely.
I know I'm going to regret that. But I couldn't resist... :^)

Wade.

Is it enough to love
Is it enough to breathe
Somebody rip my heart out
And leave me here to bleed

Is it enough to die
Somebody save my life
I'd rather be Anything but Ordinary
Please

-- "Anything but Ordinary" by Avril Lavigne.

New Recycling PCs
usually the poor schools and churches will take them to use them as they don't have a lot of money. They will take them for free if they need them. Also I once had a guy who was shipping out old PCs to the Honduras and other countries. He wanted old 386 and 486 and above computers. So it is a matter of finding the right place our company that will take them for free.

Also once a year a recycling company takes used monitors etc in our neighborhood. I forgot when, but I have some older equipment that doesn't work that they can have.

"If you're going to cheat, cheat fair. If there's anything I hate it's a crooked crook!" -Moe Howard
New Hand me downs just postpone the problem
Eventually, the computer has to be destroyed. I wonder, how do computers compare to cars wrt costs of disposal?
--

Less Is More. In my book, About Face, I introduce over 50 powerful design axioms. This is one of them.

--Alan Cooper. The Inmates Are Running the Asylum
New Agreed; important: factoid updated annually, for All to see
     One person's opinion on recycling PCs - (lincoln) - (11)
         Oh, but they are recycled . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (7)
             The H1B problems, they will be MORE prone... - (folkert) - (6)
                 Yes, but with their brains fried . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                 Did I hear an alliterative? - (Ashton) - (4)
                     Ashton's always an awesome alliterator... and always apt! -NT - (Meerkat) - (3)
                         Blah, best boy brought brief brief. - (folkert) - (2)
                             Alliteration addicts automatically assimilate__[+ analysis] - (Ashton)
                             Contrariwise, cluey contributor can comment concisely. - (static)
         Recycling PCs - (orion) - (2)
             Hand me downs just postpone the problem - (Arkadiy) - (1)
                 Agreed; important: factoid updated annually, for All to see -NT - (Ashton)

Owner/Operator rig.
168 ms