The person who has adopted the Marlowe persona has his story. To some of us it is lost in what we perceive as his offensively racist and offensive 'blind opinions'.

IT appears that in his mind, he grew up embattled fighting against overwhelming odds & makes some oddish claims about 'sibling' losses on the streets of NY, to gangs of evil-doers (racist clashes perhaps).

I can picture what might happen to a young impressionable person who is living in a kind of fear & who has brother(s) killed - depending on all the details and ones junior/senior position in the family, such an experience could be catharic.

Later in life such a person could find a purpose in fighting for what he believes to be a truly just cause - the evil he could not quite grasp in youth can become personified in 'Lefts', 'Commies' etc:.

Such a person would have a vision of a nirvana that can be reached only if the evil-ones are dealt with & crushed. All that is needed is a perceived white knight on a charger (Dubya & Repubs), & the vision can appear to be real.

Lack of life experience ("beware of the man whos says 'Gods on my side' for often as not you will find that he lied") is understandable. It takes time to wake up to those who promise a paradise - such learning can be painful (betrayal).

The sad part of the Marlowe persona is that he has painted himself into a corner & will not (& to the best of my knowledge never has), admit to being mistaken or wrong even when it is blatantly so. This facit alone paints him as having a mind so closed that he can't see into it himself. That in turn attracts accusations of delusion.

Some people can be helped & many of us here want to help the less experienced & less worldly. There comes a time (as in case of Marlowe) where it seems a complete waste of time & the desire becomes one of swatting an annoying pest (serial & obsessive poster).

Doug M