IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New a metaphor for marlowe
It occurs to me that marlowe behaves rather like a colorblind man who has never heard that the affliction exists. He is utterly persuaded by the evidence of his senses, and upon first hearing that other humans pretend to see a distinction between "red" and "green"--which colors blend seamlessly together in his perception into a comforting mauve-grey--naturally concludes that they are delusional. After all, "when the facts speak for themselves, only a fool insists on having a debate," even though only Little Phil happens to be listening to the facts broadcast on this particular frequency. The rest of us perceive "red" and "green," but marlowe regards us as contemptibly splitting hairs--he sees no distinction--and remains confident in his colorblindness that a distinction that eludes him must necessarily lack any existence in the wider world.

cordially.
"Die Welt ist alles, was der Fall ist."
New What - Genghis the Merciful?
You'd excuse obsessional nastiness for a mere affliction? Hey, I don't have binocular vision, relying on kinetic depth-perception -- but I don't despise those who do nor doubt its efficacy for certain tasks. (And I haven't even been canonized :(

Make excuses like that and.. imagine what That might create - a self-pitying wannabe (but ever frustrated) bully [?!] Oh wait..

Ashton
contemplating a lugubrious Genghis with a tear-rusted mace
New Re: What - Genghis the Merciful?
Well, that wasn't to say that a colorblind man can't also be a jerk--or fuckwit--as Little Phil amply demonstrates in any given post. But particularly given the grandiose and messianic tone that's increasingly evident in his remarks I thought that a delusional component might also figure into the mix.

cordially,
"Die Welt ist alles, was der Fall ist."
New I beleive Peter has already tagged him Fuckwit
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]

"I hit him so hard in the head his dog shat a turd in the shape of Jesus" Leonard Pine
New Trying to understand the Marlowe's of the world

The person who has adopted the Marlowe persona has his story. To some of us it is lost in what we perceive as his offensively racist and offensive 'blind opinions'.

IT appears that in his mind, he grew up embattled fighting against overwhelming odds & makes some oddish claims about 'sibling' losses on the streets of NY, to gangs of evil-doers (racist clashes perhaps).

I can picture what might happen to a young impressionable person who is living in a kind of fear & who has brother(s) killed - depending on all the details and ones junior/senior position in the family, such an experience could be catharic.

Later in life such a person could find a purpose in fighting for what he believes to be a truly just cause - the evil he could not quite grasp in youth can become personified in 'Lefts', 'Commies' etc:.

Such a person would have a vision of a nirvana that can be reached only if the evil-ones are dealt with & crushed. All that is needed is a perceived white knight on a charger (Dubya & Repubs), & the vision can appear to be real.

Lack of life experience ("beware of the man whos says 'Gods on my side' for often as not you will find that he lied") is understandable. It takes time to wake up to those who promise a paradise - such learning can be painful (betrayal).

The sad part of the Marlowe persona is that he has painted himself into a corner & will not (& to the best of my knowledge never has), admit to being mistaken or wrong even when it is blatantly so. This facit alone paints him as having a mind so closed that he can't see into it himself. That in turn attracts accusations of delusion.

Some people can be helped & many of us here want to help the less experienced & less worldly. There comes a time (as in case of Marlowe) where it seems a complete waste of time & the desire becomes one of swatting an annoying pest (serial & obsessive poster).

Doug M
New Re: a metaphor for marlowe
We're all hippos rolling down river
Sometimes we can't touch the ground
Like hippos sliding in the water
Somehow we're stomping around.
-drl
New Marlowe, a Fox American.
bcnu,
Mikem

The soul and substance of what customarily ranks as patriotism is moral cowardice and always has been...We have thrown away the most valuable asset we had-- the individual's right to oppose both flag and country when he (just he, by himself) believed them to be in the wrong. We have thrown it away; and with it all that was really respectable about that grotesque and laughable word, Patriotism.

- Mark Twain, "Monarchical and Republican Patriotism"
New In your dreams.
You can change your hair color, but you're still a bunch of sore losers.
----------------------------------------------------------------
DEAL WITH IT.
I helped depose Saddam. Did you?
When the facts speak for themselves, only a fool insists on having a debate.
The future is leaving the station, the US is at the throttle, and the Left isn't on board.
[link|http://www.angelfire.com/ca3/marlowe/index.html|http://www.angelfire...arlowe/index.html]
New We haven't lost anything.
We're still waiting for you to post your credentials. In what unit did you serve? In which war(s) did you participate ON ACTIVE DUTY. What awards did you earn while serving your country?

Oh, that's right. You did state that you made paper airplane parts at a Target store. Something like that. About sitting on the bullseye.

You aint put up, so shut up. Go outside and play in the traffic.
Restore honor and dignity to the US. Impeach Bush, NOW!
New You still seem to be living in yours.
You still haven't explained how spouting all the official mantras of your own regime is an example of "courage" either, for example.

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad]
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
Your lies are of Microsoftian Scale and boring to boot. Your 'depression' may be the closest you ever come to recognizing truth: you have no 'inferiority complex', you are inferior - and something inside you recognizes this. - [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=71575|Ashton Brown]
New not in marlowe's dreams.
Moral certainty is always a sign of cultural inferiority. The more uncivilized the man, the surer he is that he knows precisely what is right and what is wrong. All human progress, even in morals, has been the work of men who have doubted the current moral values, not of men who have whooped them up and tried to enforce them. The truly civilized man is always skeptical and tolerant, in this field as in all others. His culture is based on "I am not too sure."
--H.L. Mencken
Die Welt ist alles, was der Fall ist.
     a metaphor for marlowe - (rcareaga) - (10)
         What - Genghis the Merciful? - (Ashton) - (1)
             Re: What - Genghis the Merciful? - (rcareaga)
         I beleive Peter has already tagged him Fuckwit -NT - (boxley)
         Trying to understand the Marlowe's of the world - (dmarker)
         Re: a metaphor for marlowe - (deSitter)
         Marlowe, a Fox American. -NT - (mmoffitt)
         In your dreams. - (marlowe) - (3)
             We haven't lost anything. - (jbrabeck)
             You still seem to be living in yours. - (CRConrad)
             not in marlowe's dreams. - (rcareaga)

Don't be too quick to award him the prize. It's only Thursday.
316 ms