IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Access point?
[Edited to make this clearer]

Why don't you hook the bridge up to the box you want to use as your firewall, and use that box as your wireless hub? Then you'd only need two...
"We are all born originals -- why is it so many of us die copies?"
- Edward Young
Expand Edited by cwbrenn May 20, 2003, 11:37:03 AM EDT
New Security issue.
Y'see, I don't want to share my internet connection out with the entire neighborhood - and as we're all aware, the current protocols for wireless security are pretty much a joke. What I was going to do was to run a two-way firewall, and only allow VPN'ed traffic through in both directions. Anything that couldn't connect to the VPN would find itself in a dead-end situation, a network to (literally) nowhere.
They say a city in the desert lies/ The vanity of an ancient king/ But the city lies in broken pieces/ Where the wind howls and the vultures sing/ These are the works of man/ This is the sum of our ambition...
New why not extend the courtesy?
If bandwidth starts to be a problem, then lock it down.
thanx,
bill
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]

"I hit him so hard in the head his dog shat a turd in the shape of Jesus" Leonard Pine
New Simple.
Comcast is run by a bunch of arrogant pricks that like to shut off broadband for any reason they can think of. I don't want to give them excuses, especially due to a lack of alternatives in our location.
They say a city in the desert lies/ The vanity of an ancient king/ But the city lies in broken pieces/ Where the wind howls and the vultures sing/ These are the works of man/ This is the sum of our ambition...
New fair enough
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]

"I hit him so hard in the head his dog shat a turd in the shape of Jesus" Leonard Pine
     Wireless bridging question. - (inthane-chan) - (9)
         have you already tried your wireless at the new place? - (boxley) - (1)
             Yup, no dice. First thing I did, in fact. :) -NT - (inthane-chan)
         Buy from Circuit City. - (Yendor)
         Found my own answer. - (inthane-chan) - (5)
             Access point? - (cwbrenn) - (4)
                 Security issue. - (inthane-chan) - (3)
                     why not extend the courtesy? - (boxley) - (2)
                         Simple. - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                             fair enough -NT - (boxley)

Boong-Ga! Boong-Ga!
58 ms